Tripadvisor
Lisbon
1,413 results
All reviews smeg fridge great location nespresso machine welcome drink superior room street view would highly recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again small room rua augusta comfortable bed lovely hotel mini bar lounge area great shower hotel bar tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is absolutely divine! We loved everything in it: the people, the welcome, the location, the service, the bar, the breakfast, the deco, the details, the room and most of all the beds! They are so comfortable and the room is so cozy that you risk never wanting to leave! I disagree with reviews that complain about lack of space, they probably had too much stuff. Yes, there are things in the room that you might never use (a Nespresso machine is a lovely detail, but we didn't actually need it), but it's all part of a style that makes this hotel stand out from any other. We loved the decoration and wouldn't change a thing. The bar was also super welcoming and we always felt like having a last drink there before going to bed, just because it has such a nice atmosphere. In short, don't hesitate for a minute and book your stay here!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Situated in a smart area of downtown Lisbon this a boutique, chic hotel
It Is decorated in a quirky almost art nouveau style
The public areas are relaxing and quiet
The rooms, although small are perfect
The breakfast is varied and substantial but the quality is excellent
The staff are amazing, especially Emily from Nantwich
An excellent place for central Lisbon

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have recently stay at the brown’s hotel for a few nights. Very central location which was very good. The room itself was very clean, the bed was comfortable but the room itself was very small and cluttered which felt a bit claustrophobic. I did see a bigger room as coming out of my room couple of times, therefore I think if you book to stay in this hotel, pay a bit more and stay in a bigger room.
The overall experience was good the only down side was every time I was leaving the hotel I was approached by some people trying to sell drugs which it felt very uncomfortable and frustrating. I know that is not the hotel’s fault is just the location that attracts a lot of tourists and gets targeted, such a shame as it is a lovely location. Staff members were nice enough and always willing to help.

1  Thank G8757EVcristinag
Reviewed January 14, 2020

My bedroom was small (but I booked a small) and really well appointed with massive bed, great mattress and pillows, high quality linens. Very comfortable.

Reception staff were happy and helpful as were the breakfast crew. It's a good quality breakfast with a big spread of cold items and a good selection of breads and pastries along with some hot items such as bacon, pancakes etc. Also they serve 07.30 to 11.30 so basically you can start the day with brunch and skip lunch of you want to.

The bar guys knew how to mix a great negroni and caipirinha so I was happy. Also great for recommendations of over places to check out for drinks and food... away from the tourist traps.

Overall very good hotel with high standards.

One downside was the hassle from young men who hang about in the streets around the centre offering drugs. They are persistent and annoying. Obviously there's nothing the hotel can do about this but Lisbon tourist authority need to get the police to crack down on this annoyance.

Room tip: Higher rooms have better views and less street noise.
Reviewed January 13, 2020

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and the wait staff in their breakfast and bar areas were also very good. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and it was quiet. My only complaint is that the rooms are small AND they make them smaller with the amount of decor they include in the room. Almost every service is covered with something which makes it really hard to put our own things down. We don't spend much time in our room when we travel, but we do need places to set things down (jewelry, books, maps). If they could just edit down the decor and amount of things they provide for coffee or tea it would help.

Date of stay: December 2019