“Finally I understand what a good francesinha tastes like”
Review of Marco

Marco
Ranked #408 of 4,860 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I had tried francesinha once before and thought it was OK- but the one here was superior in every way. Plus they brought a boat of extra sauce which I polished off too, it was lovely with the chips.

The coffee I had at the end of the meal was perfect, the croquette things they brought me unasked (and didn't put on the bill, such a rarity in Lisbon!) were delicious and the staff were lovely.

2  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Been there multiple times with different friends and it never disappointed.
The staff is friendly, the food is amazing and the prices are ok for the size of the portions.

It usually gets very busy specially on weekends, remember to book in advance!

Reviewed January 8, 2017

OMG you have to try this place!

We had seen this place on the internet and to be honest the photos of the food did nothing for the place. I really thought 'NEXT' and I would give it a miss. We had not long been to the Popolo (having just had a bad experience) which is just around the corner and I would think gets all the trade from people who do not know this gem is tucked around the corner.

Staff - Excellent, could not wish for them to be more attentive.

Food - Excellent. The Lulas and Polvo was just amazing, worth going back for any day. Very tender and tasty. All the food which arrived on other tables looked excellent and fresh. It didn't look like the photos, 100% better. This is not a place for just chips as the photos showed we didn't have a chip between us!

Be warned it get packed as the prices are amazingly reasonable. This place can cater for tables of small numbers as well as larger numbers.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Not the most beautiful place in Lisbon, but the food was nice and we had a very big amount. The Sangria with Sommersby was amazing!!

Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend wanted to try the francesinha, and I tagged along hoping I could get a salad and fries. I was pleasantly surspised there was a veggie version of their most popular dish. Instead of meat it is filled with a tofu based burger, tomato and lettuce. I am sure it is not the real thing, but it was nice!

Friendly staff, quick survice, but not the most romantic place to dine.