“Best place in Lisbon”
Review of Tavares Rico

Tavares Rico
Reserve with
Tavares Rico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,453 of 4,140 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Athens, Greece
“Best place in Lisbon”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Gilted dining room,the best in Lisbon.Sophisticated food,especially the fish dishes.Expensive,so better try the set menus.Also it is worth the time to take a stroll in the picturesque surrounding area of Bairo Alto.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An experience of artistic proportion”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We chose this 200 year old restaurant for our 25th wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. Each food item was an artistic presentation and very unique in flavor and texture. You need to be a bit adventurous with their menu however the service and atmosphere was quite special and we enjoyed the meal tremendously.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Diane R
Leiria District, Portugal
“Great food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there once and I had a fish which is very hard to cook and the chef cooked it to perfection.

Its one of the old classic restaurants of Lisbon, its worth the money.

“Very good value for money but restaurant quite empty”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has 1 Michelin star and rightfully deserves it.

I took the 6-course menu at 76 euros. There're many things to choose from. You can compose your own menu. You can even skip the sweet courses.

I chose 2 desserts but I later changed my mind and wanted to change the chocolate dessert to the ox tongue. In the end, I got both the ox tongue and the chocolate dessert at no extra cost because the manager said they'd already started to prepare the chocolate dessert. How nice!

I initially thought the portions would be small. However they're quite substantial. So it's a lot of food for me. Every dish was of high quality. Delicious and nicely presented.

The service was attentive. After all, there're only 3 tables of customers including my table and I was on my own.

After adding the mineral water, a glass of Port wine and a glass of white wine, the bill was only 100 euros. Not cheap for Lisbon but very cheap for what I got:))

I'll go there again when I visit Lisbon next time.

1 Thank Egon70
Windsor, United Kingdom
“terrible experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Set menu for valentine day,dislike every part of it, fish and fish and shell on shell, a pigeon hard as rock, bread served on a "terrine dish?", one poor tulip looking like nothing, a choice of music going on our nerves,people next by us left the place after the first course,we were sharing desesperates glances with other custumers,staff over stressed apologising non stop,maitre D not knowing where he was...so so desapointed went straight after to another place for proper food.Complete disater for a huge bill.
Never ever again.