“Skip it”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The mid-century design is way cool. Stop by to see. The food was cafeteria. Mushy vegetables (cooked to death), super salty fish, although fresh. Spongy fried calamari. There are hundreds of places to go.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had a week in Lisbon and this was the only poor restaurant we visited. The wine was enjoyable, which was just as well as we had a long wait , but the same cannot be said about the food. The cod was smothered in poor quality cheese, the soup was mundane and the potatoes were like oily crisps. The service was very slow even though the place was quiet and there were waiters about and our criticism was treated with indifference. The small number of patrons says a lot as other restaurants were enjoying brisk businessThis restaurant must have changed hands as it had a good reputation in my guide book which was quite recent ( 2009) but on this performance this place will probably not survive

1  Thank WAG1940
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Ate here 7 years ago, and came back in april. The restaurant is definitely in a decline. Good food, indifferent service and waiters. You get better service and just as good if not better food in cheaper restaurants in Lisbon.

2  Thank Sailing365
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We went there the second night when we are in Lisbon. We order the fish stew and 3 other main courses to share. The fish stew is big enough for 3 persons to share although it was meant for 2. It tastes lovely and fresh. The rest of the dishes are not good enough.

3  Thank adraine1229
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I with members of her family were visiting Lisbon for the day and Decided to go to Solmar for lunch -- my wife and I had eaten there years ago and liked the retro look (unchanged since the 1950s.). This time although the decor was the same, the service was GLACIAL. A couple of us ordered fish - two different types - 15 mins later the waiter returned - they were out of both! I ordered the grouper special (at double the price) and my mother in law ordered a steak - which was tough as leather. The grouper was ok sitting in a plate of olive oil. My wife's shrimp dish was average. In fairness my sister in law ordered grilled shrimp w pineapple and loved it -- but they had two waiters covering the entire restaurant - which wasn't busy and took 4ever to get our dishes. The highlight was checking out the 55 yr old sea life tile mural - Portuguese craftsmanship at its best. At one time this was a hot spot but it has cooled for sure. There are many many seafood restaurants in Lisbon so I'd skip this one.

4  Thank PanAm007