“Decent Buffet for Veggies and Non-Veggies Alike”

Restaurante Natural Terra
Ranked #296 of 4,047 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Principe Real
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Decent Buffet for Veggies and Non-Veggies Alike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Basic buffet is around 16 Euros and has a wide variety of options. The food is mainly nice and the garden is very pleasant. We have enjoyed hand feeding bread to the local sparrows.

• Visited June 2013

“Great place, good range of food, bit pricey, waiter barely raised a smile all evening...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Terra has a very good atmosphere and is clearly popular with both the locals and tourists. The decor is nicely done and has a great little garden that feels almost Tibetan. The restaurant has good buffet options, the lasagne stood out for me as particularly tasty, however the ginger juice was too strong IMHO, the buffet price was too steep (the most expensive main we had during our stay), and the waiter was a bit aloof and unfriendly, he barely managed a smile all evening. Overall I'd recommend a visit though, we liked it a lot....

• Visited July 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Just ok and overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went to Terra for lunch on a weekday. The only option they had was their 12.50 euro self service buffet, inclusive of a drink (iced tea or water), and a dessert (vegetarian jello). If you wanted a different drink or dessert, you had to pay extra. I arrived at around 2:30pm, an hour before their lunch ends. The food was fine, but nothing special; by 2:30 it was relatively picked over and the dessert was almost gone. I was surprised that they only served white rice. Nothing super creative here in terms of vegetarian cooking (a tofu dish, some veggie meatballs, roasted potatoes, a salad, a few steamed veggies, pizza), but the food was fresh and they had some good fresh fruit in the buffet. The atmosphere was calm and they have a lovely outdoor terrace. When Terra first opened, it was still pretty hard to find vegetarian food in Lisbon. This has since changed.

• Visited July 2013
Almada, Portugal
“Very good as a vegeterian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

For a vegeterian restaurante this is a very good place. Portuguese flavours with fresh products. For natural food thisis omeof the best in Lisbon

1 Thank erika j
San Jose
“The food is fresh, healthy and delicious and the service is extremely friendly and attentive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I walked into this restaurant in June 2013 and even though the kitchen had closed for lunch and I was the only customer, they sat me. The waiter then explained that the kitchen had closed, and that only the buffet was available. And this is why I'm giving the place a high score: even though the buffet looked like it had seen its prime a few hours ago, everything was still delicious and I was very happy with the plate I put together (salad with almonds and raisins, lots of really nicely seasoned beans and grains, whole-grain bread, falafel). The buffet menu includes dessert and a drink of the day (today it was a lovely iced black tea with fresh lime and cinnamon).

As I was enjoying my meal, the owner of the restaurant came to my table and explained that he was very worried that I had been seated by the waiter because the buffet was so meager late in the day. I told him that I was very happy nonetheless, and he insisted that if I needed anything else they could make it for me.

The patio was charming and well-shaded and there was some nice classical music playing. The only thing I can complain about were the aggressive sparrows that kept trying to eat my lunch. But they were pretty cute.

Also, The a la carte menu looked great; they had a champagne and berry sangria and a wide assortment of teas and single-origin and fair trade coffees.

If I had such a delicious meal at the tail-end of the lunch buffet, I can emphatically recommend this place during normal hours. Plus they give you chocolate coins with your change when you pay!