“Not my taste........but could be yours”

DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park
Ranked #107 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
London, United Kingdom
“Not my taste........but could be yours”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Well I will start and say this is not a traditional hotel more a statement in style (not mine) and will not suit everybody. It is really easy to get to from the airport either via bus or metro and well situated in Saldanha near the Sheraton hotel tower.

Checkin was fine, just a little slow and lots of form filling but no Doubletree cookie. Room was on 6th floor overlooking the street and market. The hallway from the elevator to the room is not as drab as it appears in some photos. The room however is. The lighting is not great, an odd light hanging over the counter. A little seating area on the long counter with cushions ? The bathroom sink is too far from the mirror so you have to lean over it to see yourself. The tub is nice but there is no light over it so you cannot read while soaking. The only bathroom lights are by the sink, none in the toilet space except for a little backlighting. Shelf under the sink is too low down and the power point equally low down. The pole in the wardrobe was very high up so it was a bit of a stretch to reach the hangers.

The good points were the bed which was excellent, 2 bottles of complimentary still water and the room size which was quite big. The wifi was good and worked. There was 2 computers in the lobby to print your boarding pass.The breakfast was delicious and the ingredients all top notch, really great juicy orange quarters and fab crispy pastries. Even sparkling wine. The staff were all very nice and the bar opened till 1.

The 24 Lisbon day travel card is great value at 6.50eur You make an instant saving if you go up and down on the Gloria tram which would cost 3.50 e/w Do you to the quirkly Pavilho Chines bar not far from the top of the tram just past the wonderful views over the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to send us your opinion.

I am very concerned about the issues you have reported and I absolutely understand your disappointments about these shortcomings. Please accept my apologies and I will follow up on your comments with my collaborators.

Nevertheless, I am happy to know that you loved our breakfast and its “top notch” ingredients as well as the “juicy orange quarters and fab crispy pastries”! It was certainly a great pleasure to serve you on our restaurant.

Feel free to comeback to our hotel so that we can provide you memorable experiences and amazing memories!

Gonçalo Coelho de Sousa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Located handy for the metro (Saldanha stop) this hotel, whilst not located on perhaps the best of roads, is superb. Reception - and all hotel - staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

The rooms are fantastic, really modern in their style and very plush and luxurious. It’s a little odd there’s a tinted window between the shower and the bedroom, but it doesn’t take much getting used to. The public areas of the hotel are also well appointed and a pleasure to use.

The quality of breakfast is also top notch, with a wide-range of options. If I am to visit Lisbon again, I will be sure to return here - I couldn't have been happier with my choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
G C S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton – Fontana Park for your stay in the beautiful city of Lisbon. I am glad to read that you had a very pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our rooms as well as the hotel facilities. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our signature Wake Up Doubletree breakfast and I will personally give your acknowledgements to our management team!

It would be my great pleasure to welcoming you back to our hotel! We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

Havana, Cuba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This Hilton Property lives up to the expectation of Exotic Hilton Hotels: my favorites have been Hilton Salalah, Hilton KL, much more elegant than some Double Tree properties in the USA which seem bland compared to this.
Very friendly staff at the front desk, very helpful with your needs, the staff at the breakfast room couldn't be more friendly.
fitness room
free wi fi
within walking distance to three different metros
good public transport from downtown as well as the airport

Room Tip: If you are not a fan of modern hotel design, you would be daunted by its all black design, and open...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton – Fontana Park for your family getaway! We are thrilled and so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you and your family back for many vacations in the future!

Best regards from Lisbon,
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Quiet location, easy access to public transport system, shopping, parking the usual Lisbon evening free parking. Stunning public areas, lobby, reception etc.
As for the rooms... I was struggling to see. It appears doubletree Lisbon have taken the blackened glass and dark cupboards to the extreme and as or finding the right light switch if you need to get up in the middle if the night (as we men do!) without waking the other room occupants, fails miserably.
I think the whole concept of minimalist and blackened glass has been taken too far and actually a cause for concern in some respect, especially if someone is in need of a little more light/guidance in the evenings. Wardrobe doors open and block the entrance way from bathroom to room, toilet/bathroom door is heavy and cumbersome and on numerous occasions could cause damage to oneself.
My main bug with this hotel is the dark clumsy rooms. The pictures are very clear on the website and the long dark corridor of rooms is rather like a more low ranking hotel in a more seedy area of certain cities.
A shame as the staff are fantastic and public areas beautiful.
Good hotel but be aware of the rooms.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your important feedback.

Having the opportunity to review the details concerning the hotel’s design and features allow me to extend my sincerest and deepest apologies and assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of our project team for immediate review and actions, in order to evaluate what you stated above.

Nevertheless, I am very glad to know that you loved the exciting and electric city of Lisbon as well as the magnificent hotel location!

Feel free to comeback to our hotel and to Lisbon! We look forward to welcome you back!

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

It was my first time in Lisbon and I apreciated the help from all the team members. I really like the hotel decoration. Breakfast was so good and the staffs are helpfull. Next trip to Lisbon it will be here where I want to spen my holiday and I would recommende this hotel to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read that you had an amazing time in Lisbon and to know that you “recommend this hotel” to your friends!

We look forward to welcome you and your friends back, to the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park!

Best regards,
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for vacation on the way south to the Algarve. Location was great for taking metro direct from airport. Taxis throughout Lisbon were just as cheap as the metro for the three of us. Front desk was helpful and very polite. It is a design hotel. Daughter didn't much like the black walls (she's 12 and I actually thought she would) or the narrow corridor (we are tall, slim people). We had a King Deluxe with balcony on top floor. It was nice and just spacious enough. Toilet was private (don't know about other room configurations described in other reviews); it is true the tub/shower combo sits in the room. It offers some privacy from the side view but your rear in the shower will be visible and well... the tub is an all seers affair. But we're family so whatevs. The hotel is about 7 minutes by taxi (5 euros) to center. I found it conveniently located, clean and breakfast (included as HHonors Diamond members) was more than adequate. We ate at the Japanese restaurant. It was good and fairly inexpensive. We would stay here again. Its a good value for points or even paying cash. We didn't use the fitness facility though we checked it out. It was just fine for a good workout.

Room Tip: Top floor; deluxe king or junior suite if party is larger than two I would imagine. Balcony is a plu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your fabulous and detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that our service, rooms, breakfast and the beautiful city of Lisbon were up to your family expectations. Your comments are a great motivation for all of us in order to keep performing our best service. I would like to renew my thanks for your support.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the Doubletree by Hilton Lisbon – Fontana Park.

Best regards,
Köln
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Service und Ausstattung in gewohnter Markenqualität, der Aufpreis für das große Zimmer mit Dachterasse ist den Blick auf ein paar Burögebäude & Schule nicht wert, Lage okay, Frühstück auch überteuert, da nur Standard, Fitnessstudio klein, aber modern, Inneneinrichtung sehr schwarz, Bad ist total offen, da darf man keine Scharm vor einander haben, die Badewanne hat immer wieder in der Nacht angefangen zu leuchten, was das Zimmer automatisch miterleuchtet /// Upgrade on King Superior Room not worth the price, Breakfast is only standard, also overpriced, cookie was really good, a nice SPA would have been nice, but is missing, usual service and facility quality of the hilton brand, bath room is totally open so you can even take a pee without the other person hearing it, also we found a lott of hair from an other guest in the bath room when we arrived

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton