Tripadvisor

from $37.35
from $43.94
from $27.46
More Info
All reviews electric bike tour guide peter explore lisbon booked this tour great city a lot of fun excellent tour boost helmets hairnets neighborhoods ginja river portugal
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2019

We were a mixed age group of 5 cyclists and were impressed by the care provided to the less experienced riders. Have been on bike tours before and it is always a good sign when they have one member of staff riding at the back, ensuring that everyone is safe. I was also surprised at how patient Lisbon drivers were toward some of our erratic cycling.
Peter, our guide, was very engaging and knowledgable about Portuguese history and culture. In summary it was a perfect way to get your bearings and a feel for Lisbon as a tourist.

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank lou37
Reviewed October 5, 2019

Our guide was so nice that we took him to lunch after the bike tour. (I wish I could remember his name.) I had never before ridden an electric bike and I loved it. But the bike ride was a little dangerous for me as I worried about falling on the slippery cobblestones or in a tram track or with pedestrians walking in front of me. But I didn't fall and got to see a small part of the city I would not have seen otherwise. We had some trouble finding the meeting place as our GPS put us uphill from the shop. If you are used to mountain biking you will love this tour. I don't like mountain biking as I am afraid I will fall and hurt myself and not be able to play my daily tennis when I get home. We stopped often on the tour and we given information about the area, history, culture, etc. It is not a strenuous tour. A unique experience, but I won't do it again.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

Excellent way to experience the hills of Lisbon. Yuri was a great host/guide. Highly recommend this toue.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

Having never ridden an electric bike before I am totally sold. Easy to operate bikes makes the tour around the seven hills of Lisbon...Easy! Great views. See all the major sites. Hear the stories. A fuel stop at the best pastelaria for pastel de nata in town! Well organised tour group.

1  Thank Jabuti73
Reviewed October 1, 2019

Loved our guide and people on the ride. Good experience. However, trying to navigate Lisbon on bike between 12 and 3pm was crazy. Most of the pedestrians were clueless about the bikes surrounding them. If you take this trip, try to do earlier in the day.

Date of experience: September 2019
BoostPortugal, Gestor de Relações Públicas at Bikes & Company, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2019

Hello reviewer564,
There must have been a misunderstanding, because the bike tour you reviewed (Lisbon Hills Electric Bike Guided Tour) has two departures, the morning tour departs at 10.00am and finishes at 12.30pm and the afternoon tour departs at 3.00pm and finishes at 5.30pm. You might have toured with a different company? If you ever come back to Lisbon we would be very happy to host you!
Kind regards,