“Excellent location and service”

Rossio Garden Hotel
Ranked #90 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel four nights and is fantastic. Location is unbeatable right in Rossio and within walking distance of all major downtown Lisbon place to visit.
Service and cleanliness is very good and there are lots of places to eat (for all budgets) near the hotel.
Rossio train station is 100 meters away as well as tram 28.

Room Tip: We loved the bathroom with a shower! High floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank G5P5S
Rossio G, Gerente geral at Rossio Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Rossio Garden Hotel is as said wonderfully positioned within Lisbon to walk anywhere; it’s now been open two months and still looks new. The reception area is small but big enough with a seating area just off to its right. Two lifts take you to the floors if needed or for the more energetic the stairs.
The receptionist I meet was really friendly and I have to say I was really surprised as my room was ready (I arrived early 10ish) I was given the touch key for the room and off I went. My room was on the fourth floor and overlooked the court yard, with views out and up the adjacent character filled buildings. The corridors have sensors for the lights which is helpful as they are slightly dark. The room was well decorated with dark wood doors tables etc and light walls. There is air con as expected and really nice shower room.
Breakfast is one the first floor you can eat inside or weather permitting out in the court yard. It is atmospheric but work is still being carried out on one building and the cooling fans need to be hidden but it didn’t detract. Breakfast is self-service I have the croissants (Devine, buttery pastries) yoghurt, cheese and meats and of course coffee all very tasty and whole some. All the staff I meet were helpful. Yes I would return, but I think I would upgrade to an executive room with a balcony from the superior double. There was nothing wrong with the room large enough for my purpose and the bed was exceptionally comfortable.
So the hotel is new and I feel they really need to have water within the rooms and maybe a mini bar or small fridge. For business purposes there are not enough plug sockets. I had the lap top and my mobiles plugged in and all was full, just something to think about. Now you’re really missing a trick with the courtyard as the hotel doesn’t have a bar and it would have been really nice just to sit and relax within the confides of the hotel before or after going out.
The hotel is really reasonably priced well positioned for restaurants as they are just outside, sightseeing, both to the castle or to the sea, or just meandering through the city.
Will defiantly stay again ……get the bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank obleron

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This new hotel opened in May 2014 in a completely renovated older building in the heart of Lisbon, very close to metro stations Rossio and Restauradores.
Room was great with individual A/C, nice bathroom. Excellent bed.
The buffet breakfast is 8€ which is very reasonable for the choice offered.
Do not eat in any of the restaurants of that neighborhood which are tourist traps. There are plenty better choices all over Lisbon, check Tripadvisor. Try the brand new food court at Mercado da Ribeira which is great.
Advice to hotel management: please change the brand of your bathroom soap, shower gel and shampoo which are not good.
I will certainly come back to this nice hotel during my next Lisbon city trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank espruytte

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights in June 2014. The hotel had been open 3 weeks after a major renovation. Super-nice decor, very simple and cool. The staff bent over backward to help with every request and question. Good location and very close to the metro, short ride to Sintra which is one of the prettiest places I've been in 7 countries in Europe. Would definitely stay here again if I was ever in Lisbon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank shanana213

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We choose this hotel mostly due to its excellent location. It was the right choice. The rooms are big, with everything brand new (excellent mattress, very soft bed sheets, spacious bathroom). The staff was very helpful giving us directions to visit the city and the location allows us just to walk around visiting the historical center of Lisbon. Furthermore, if you want to go a little bit further you have metro and train right next to the hotel (very cheap tickets). The breakfast was ok (a little bit expensive) but we had it in a very nice terrace. Considering everything (especially location), this hotel was a bargain.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sophia W

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for five nights. The location is top and the staff is friendly and very attentive. The hotel has a very nice reception and waiting area. The room I stayed in was not very big but I had a large very comfortable bed for myself with Nickels arranged pillows. I can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
10  Thank Andrea251169

Reviewed May 22, 2014

From the moment we entered this hotel we were treated as though we were the only guests. The staff could not have possibly been more helpful. The rooms are not big but have been so well designed that they had more storage space than we have had in far bigger rooms and the bathroom was so classy (no bath by the way but a beautiful, big shower). The hotel had only recently opened and the bedding was lovely, crisp cotton, we felt like we were the first to use them, a very nice feeling.
The location of the hotel is second to none. Bars, restaurants, metro station all on the doorstep and central for tourist sites. Great, free wifi in the rooms as well as public area.
Lisbon transport system is very impressive. We bought a metro ticket for 6 euros that lasts 24 hours (not just on the day you purchase it), you can use it on the trams as well as the metro. We used it all day on and off the trams, a couple of metro journeys and even to the airport the next morning. This journey is so simple making it unnecessary to bother with a taxi to the airport.
In short, you can book this hotel with confidence.

Stayed: May 2014