“Really helpful service made for a fantastic short cycling holiday”

Bikeiberia Bike Tours & Rentals
Ranked #55 of 256 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1999 ● Monday to Sunday from 9:30am ● e-Bike Tours & Rentals for all in Lisbon and throughout Portugal & Spain ● Guided Day Trips ● Affordable Shore Excursions for cruise passengers ● English | French | Spanish and, of course, Portuguese ● Private and customized Trips ● Bikes and Gear for all: City | Touring | Carbon Road | MTB | Kids Bikes ● Family friendly, safe and fun! ● Week-long Guided and Self-Guided Tours and Rentals for the adventure seeker carefully selected and put together for your unique travel experience ● A local company offering value for the money, allowing each individual to explore and enjoy it here ● High quality Bikes & Equipment by GIANT ● Second to none biking services and setting the industry standards ● Pedal Your way!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I contacted Bikeiberia a week or two before I planned to visit Portugal. I had never ridden a bike in Portugal before, but I was immediately reassured by their helpful and friendly advice. I decided to rent one of their new Cannondale tourers for 3 days, to which they fitted my pedals and light fittings, and gave me comprehensive advice as to the itinerary I was planning. I travelled by train to Obidos, and then made my way back via Peniche, Porto Novo, Ericeira, Mafra, Sintra, Cabo da Roca and Cascais, where I took the train back to Lisbon to avoid what I was told was a fairly busy road. It was a fantastic trip, which really opened my eyes to what Portugal has to offer, and was made so much easier by the fact that Bikeiberia took care of so much. I am now looking at the possibility of undertaking a longer trip, but in the meantime I have no hesitation in recommending them.

5  Thank suffolkchazza
"great ride"
in 7 reviews
"great company"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
in 16 reviews
"portugal"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed November 2, 2010

We rented bikes at Bikeiberia in Lisboa and went by train to Sintra (bikes can easily be transported by train). I can recommend the biketrip we made through the " Sierra de Sintra" (incl. the castles) to Cabo Roca and Cascais. You see much more than travelling by bus e.g., especially in the autumn season when the climate is not too hot.
The people at Bikeiberia were very helpful for advising us the route, the bikes were OK and we were well equiped with things for in case of emergency (like bike pump etc).
When we were a little too late back after closing time(due to the wrong trainticket form Cascais), they waited for us in order to bring the bikes back.
Obrigado for the nice day, Hans, Netherlands

4  Thank hanzypanz
Reviewed October 8, 2010

A lot of helpful pre-trip support and advice from Tania. Managed to get me a nice tall bike with swept back handlebars, which are much more natural and comfortable to use than the ubiquitous, straight, mountain-bike types. Good tips on where to go: - very useful arrangement to be able to leave the bikes at the end at their friends' quinta just outside Evora. My only quibble was the lack of any bike shops in the whole of Lisbon where I could buy a plain seat post to fit my own, super-comfortable, sprung saddle.

After several long uphills with a numb perineum from squashing my genito-femoral nerves on an unforgiving, modern saddle, I'm afraid I'll bring my own bike next time. However, I would definitely still recommend BikeIberia for a friend/cycling partner and/or for a youngster who hasn't yet got wear and tear in their back/knees/wrists etc.

Great cycling country, though - and people/drivers generally most courteous to cyclists!

5  Thank Jimbondgfgfhgjhj
Reviewed October 6, 2010

While there is plenty of exciting cycling to be done around Lisbon, perhaps one of the best things we did in our 8 weeks in Lisbon was to cycle the bike path around the foreshore. There are so many interesting things to stop and look at (Torre de Belem, the electricity museum, 25 April Bridge), so many places to grab a drink or a snack, and it's just a really pleasant way to while away the day.

4  Thank limegreenz