“Lisbon - Good Area for Road Bikes (Better then expected)”

Bikeiberia Bike Tours & Rentals
Ranked #55 of 256 Outdoor Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1999 ● Monday to Sunday from 9:30am ● e-Bike Tours & Rentals for all in Lisbon and throughout Portugal & Spain ● Guided Day Trips ● Affordable Shore Excursions for cruise passengers ● English | French | Spanish and, of course, Portuguese ● Private and customized Trips ● Bikes and Gear for all: City | Touring | Carbon Road | MTB | Kids Bikes ● Family friendly, safe and fun! ● Week-long Guided and Self-Guided Tours and Rentals for the adventure seeker carefully selected and put together for your unique travel experience ● A local company offering value for the money, allowing each individual to explore and enjoy it here ● High quality Bikes & Equipment by GIANT ● Second to none biking services and setting the industry standards ● Pedal Your way!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Before I went to Lisbon for a business trip, I was looking for a shop where I cound rent roadbikes on weekend and I found BikeIberia. When I was there I wrote a mail to request for a reservation. Tania replied me very fast.
The location is great, it is in the heart of lisbon. I got a nice new road bike and had two perfect days. With the gps (I brought my own) and tracks from the internet you can find your way out of the city very fast and then you have nice roads.
And I was surprised.I thought the traffic would be very bad and more dangerous. But it was fine. Also the road from Cascais to Lisbon is ok. Because there are two lanes in every direction and the cars can overtake you on the bike very easy.
One day I went from Lisbon via Queluz - Sintra to Capo da Roca and back via Cascais to Lisbon (120km and 1500hm)
Sunday I did a tour through the Expo - Loures - Mafra - Sintra - Estoril - Lisbon (130km & 1600hm)
In the afternoon I brought the bike back. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I come back to Lisbon, I will rent the bike again at BikeIberia for sure

4  Thank Bird-Tobi
"great ride"
in 7 reviews
"great company"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
in 16 reviews
"portugal"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I rented a mountain bike for the Camino de Santiago; Leon to Santiago. The service I received was excellent: bike arrived on time, good bike, good quality panniers and lock, together with fast response via email to any questions I had. Couldn't fault it one bit!

2  Thank Capetannie
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We - 9 peolpe and architects from berlin - had a really lovely and interesting biketour with bikeiberia and an architect, who was hired for us. We got to know to all sides along the tejo from the expo 1998 in the east up to the memorial for the trailors in the west. The architect was very kind and very well informed about the portugise architects and the international, which have builded in Lissabon. Also about urban planning he knew a lot and liked to share his knowlegde with us.
The preparation was perfect, bikes were in very good conditions and not too sporty for us as we wanted to cycle, stop, talk, cycle, stop, talk...
The bikepath about 20km along the tejo is really nice to cycle.
So in total it was the money worth.

3  Thank Katja K
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a wonderful two weeks cycling through Portugal. Bikeiberia was so helpful setting up the bikes to our specifications and giving us great advice about our proposed cycling route. The bikes were good and the backroads were wonderful to cycle despite the lack of shoulders on the roads.( I can still smell the wonderful scent of eucalyptus & pine trees) The traffic, including trucks, was very courteous and, for the most part, gave us lots of room on the road. A great way to really see the country and meet the local people.

3  Thank igirlVancouver