All reviews lisbon suites luis zuzarte zuza bed other guests castle room bairro alto private patio yogurt breakfast table each morning home away from home ham each guest flights of stairs living room rossio station beautiful city
Reviewed September 10, 2018

We stayed at the Zuza Guest House for three nights in late August. We cannot say enough good things about Zuza and our host Luis. From the first confirmation email, we felt Luis' incredibly warm and welcoming hospitality come through. A few days before we stayed we emailed back and forth with Luis and he gave us transportation tips to the Guest House, which put us at ease. We arrived and Luis gave us a tour and then welcomed us to some glasses of wine across the street. Having that first interaction made us feel so welcome and much more at ease for conquering an unknown city. Complete with his many recommendation for dinner and what sights to see, is the AMAZING Zuza app - which gives you all of his Lisbon recommendations across the entire city and beyond, each having amazing detail of why he was recommending this place. We used this religiously during our three days there, as at any given point we could pinpoint our GPS location and see what was around us. It even worked without cell service or WiFi, which was huge when you are traveling around and don't have a plan.

Each morning was a delicious made to order breakfast in the Guest House, with homemade juices made fresh that day. Every single person working with Zuza is bright, friendly, welcoming and just so nice which made you feel even more welcome when Luis wasn't there. The rooms were great too and just what you need when your out and about the city all day and night.

Luis and Zuza made our trip to Lisbon that much more amazing and when people ask what our favorite part of the trip was, we immediately say the hospitality we received from Luis. He immediately made us feel comfortable and welcomed, which made our trip that much better.

I'm still recommending my friends and family to stay with Luis when they go to Lisbon. If you're like me and research a ton before going on a trip, rest assured you have found the place with any of Zuza's accommodations.

Thank you Luis!!!!! We'll be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelley S
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

My dear Kelley S,

Wow! I'm overwhelmed reading your very detailed and positive review on TA last night. Thank you so much for the excellent writeup and sharing the “little details” that often are not mentioned or taken for granted. You really focused on the little things that we try to do each and every day.

With every Guest, it is my utmost goal to make one feel welcome, relaxed and at ease in a new place and a big city like Lisbon. As you well know, the planning phase can be daunting and then the anticipation of the trip and the hope that one chose a nice accommodation. After all, where one stays is part of the travel experience. It can make or break a trip and when it's good, the memories are even fonder. First impressions are important. Here, at Zuza from the very first contact to the last goodbyes, I want your Lisbon experience to be wonderful. Stress free, relaxing, fun and rewarding.

It was a pleasure to meet you and share my beautiful city and, all it has to offer. It makes me beam with happiness when I have content and satisfied Guests like yourselves. Glad to know the Zuza App which was developed as, a personal guide for all of my Guests to help navigate the city at your fingerer tips with my personal recommendations and insider tips.
A good hearty breakfast every morning is our way of saying “Goooood morning Lisbon” and getting you ready for a full day of sightseeing!! Not only is it a morning meal but a great way to engage and interact with fellow travelers from around the world. We can learn so much about different cultures just having breakfast with others already sharing one thing in common, visiting Portugal and seeing a new city.

Hospitality and a generous warm reception are two of the many things what makes Zuza special. My ultimate objective is to provide Guests with a Home away from Home feeling with the Portuguese genuine warmth that sets us apart from other places in the world. Our home is your home.

Thank you, Kelly, for being a Zuza ambassador ;-). You have the spirit and joy that people love to be around. I enjoyed sharing my time with you both and hope to see you and friends here in Lisbon in the near future. In the meantime, to more exciting travels ahead.

With warm regards I wish you both all the happiness,

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

The Zuzabed Suites were the perfect place to stay for a fantastic time in Lisbon. The location is perfect, right in Bairro Alto, but still peaceful. Luis is the best host - he is so passionate about making sure you have the best possible experience in Lisbon. The accommodations make you feel right at home, and the breakfast is delicious. The recommendations on routes and places of interest on the Zuzabed app helped us make the most of our visit! Highly recommend staying with Zuzabed for visits to Lisbon!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky L
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Gooood morning dear Becky L, :-)

"There's no place like home" as Dorothy famously said in the Wizard of Oz movie and we all agree. I try to make your ZUZA experience the best home away from home! I'm happy to read that you felt this way in the heart of the historic district with landmarks all within walking distance. You are in the city center and on a quiet street (for a city ;)) yet in the thick of all the action.

The Suites really encompass comfort and relaxation for your stay with a complete kitchen, living area and bedroom and some with a private patio. Lots of space to call your own. The weather is warm and there's no better city to enjoy the history and Portuguese culture. Let's not forget the most important way to get moving is a nice nutritious breakfast. In the Suites we do the shopping for you and you can create your personal breakfast preference.

I loved to meet you both and it was my pleasure to host you both and share Lisbon with you, through my eyes along with family&friends. I want you to take away wonderful memories of Lisbon and love it like I do! Thus, I developed a Zuza App for all my Guests to help them navigate, around Lisbon and it's environs along with suggestions and recommendations to make your time in the city complete.

Thanks again for taking a moment to share your thoughts. It is much appreciated and please know you are always welcome to stay with Zuza. Your great and positive vibe is contagious; You do have the ZUZA spirit and I look forward to greeting you again.

With my best wishes,

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We arrived after midnight following a 29 hour plane journey. Our. luggage did not catch up with us for two days. Luis waited up to greet us, ushered us to our room with assurances that he would take care of everything in the morning and he did. Each day at breakfast he and the other guests helped us plan our day. Our room was charming with all the necessities . Our stay in Lisbon was wonderful and we will stay again at Zuzabed.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smbaxter
ZUZABED, Proprietário at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Smbaxter,

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us.

After staying with us here in Lisbon I hope you're having a continued good time travelling in my beautiful Country! It's true that sometimes our trips don't go exactly as planned but I like to think that after such a long journey lost luggage and pure exhaustion, you enjoyed the beautiful laid back city of Lisbon with our trademark hospitality.

We certainly enjoyed hosting you and helping plan your days for pure enjoyment, rest and fun! I am happy to read that I contributed to a positive stay. Zuzabed is all about being our home away from home but without all the work and worry. We do that for you every day with a smile and sincerity. I really enjoyed our conversations at breakfast and throughout your stay as well. I'm glad to know you found your Home Garden room the ideal one with all the conveniences of home. All Zuza Accommodations were planned in order to give to our beloved Guests all the comfort.

We boast about our prime locale and our famous breakfast spread with great conversation amongst strangers who soon become our quick acquaintances and familiar faces. What a great way to start the day in a new place.

Thanks so much for choosing Zuzabed for your holidays. You are most welcome to visit with us again. My door is always open and I know it will be a pleasure to see you both again.

I wish you happy travels and a smooth trip back home to Alaska.

With best regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Love this place! The location is ideal to the city center and all the tourist sites. The hosts are excellent! They are both super helpful and are always willing to answer any questions you may have.

The breakfast is excellent and we able to have eggs and bacon made to order. You are less than a 5 minute walk to the train station. Our room had a lovely terrace over looking the city.

I highly recommend this place and look forward to my next stay here when visiting Lisbon again!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a terrace, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeffrey L
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear Jeffrey,

"Love this place" are words we LOVE to hear. Thank you so much for your patronage and support. It was certainly a pleasure to meet you at Zuzabed and share all that Lisbon has to offer.

We pride ourselves on a bountiful breakfast spread to get you started for the day as well as our prime location. We are walking distance from all the famous sights and after a long day of sightseeing what better way to kick back and savor the beautiful light of the city.
It is so nice to read about your stay and comfort at Zuzabed. We are here to help and make your trip stress free, relaxing and full of good times!
Many thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

With all my best wishes,

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Zuzabed in occasion of our first visit to Lisbon. The B&B is strategically positioned in the city center near all major attractions and transports. We were lucky to be given a terrace room with a stunning view of the city and the castle. Luis and his team made us feel welcome and were in the house every morning for a chat and to give us directions. A very recommended B&B!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Roger B
ZUZABED, Proprietário at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Hello Roger, gooood morning! :-)

As always, a pleasure to host and meet you both and I'm glad to know you enjoyed the city sights right outside your  door. We are happy you enjoyed the cultural attractions and history in our beautiful capital city.

We are pleased to be located in the very heart of the city center surrounded by public transport, restaurants, shops, parks and of course a spectacular view of the famous Castelo São Jorge right in front of the B&B.

Despite a bit different weather this year, Lisbon enjoys the sunlight and warm temperatures year round with friendly locals as well as a delicious Portuguese local gastronomy.

At Zuza accommodations, our goal is to provide you with the utmost care and relaxing time. We are your home away from home! Hospitality and happy Guests is our motto. We're happy when you're happy! :-)

Thank you so much for your feedback by email and for sharing your Zuza experience with world travelers. Much appreciated!
We look forward to welcoming  you back in the future to enjoy more of life in Lisbon.

All my best regards wishing you a super sunday!