All reviews lisbon suites luis zuzarte zuza bed other guests castle room bairro alto private patio yogurt breakfast table each morning home away from home ham each guest flights of stairs living room rossio station beautiful city
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights in early October and loved it. Friends recommended the B&B Zuzabed based on their own trip to Portugal and it was well worth following their advice. Ana and Diego were really friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were delicious and varied, there were plenty of maps and guidebooks to leaf through in the common area, and my room was tidy, cozy and clean. My room had a a double bed, strong Wi-Fi, and its own private bathroom. I was very content there and loved the central location-near the Rossio train station in Lisbon with great access to all parts of the city.

When I checked in, Ana had a cell phone for me to use in case I got lost or had questions. I never needed it but was grateful to have the security it provided. I also made good use of the Zuzabed app, which had sightseeing and restaurant recommendations and lots of helpful information.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank JacquelinaUSA
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

My dear JacquelinaUSA,

Thank you so much for your time in writing such a lovely review about your stay at Zuzabed. It brings smiles to all of the Zuza team to know we played a positive role in your holidays and made it the most enjoyable it could be. We are thrilled your friends recommended you to us and that you too, were very pleased.

We try to have all your needs met aside from a cozy, clean accommodation and a very fulfilling and yummy homemade breakfast. It's really useful to have maps guidebooks, communal computer for your personal use available. After reading through the many recommendations, you are all set to walk up or down to your desired destination!! And don't forget the very handy ZUZA APP where our Guests may find the places I like to go & do in my beloved city. Just another convenient way we have to share Lisbon secrets in addition to the tips we give every day ;-)
Yes, the mobile phone is a nice feature I’ve started with in 2006 and brings a sense of comfort in a new place; we are always just a phone call away waiting to assist you if you need us. It doesn’t matter where and when you’ll have your “personal concierge”, even when out in the street ;-)

We were delighted to meet and host you and share the beauty of Lisbon. We hope to see you again as you are always welcome to stay with us.

With sincere wishes,

Reviewed October 14, 2017

When visiting a foreign city, its easy to get lost, need assistance in some way or just feel like a number to the hotel/B&B in which you stay. Not so with B&B Zuzabed! Luis and Diego made us feel a part of their family, like a sister (ok, or older aunt!) visiting them in the city! They provided detailed information about how to get around and even a cell phone so we could always reach them with a question or concern! Seriously, who does that?!
Our room was basic, yet very comfortable and ideally located in the city center! Our view of Castelo de Sao Jorge from our room was beautiful, especially at night. Lisbon is a city for walking, walking up and down hills ... and our room also required walking up several steep flights of steps. Unless stairs are a serious issue, don't let this keep you from staying with Zuzabed though, as location trumps all!
Breakfasts were amazing with a wide variety of bread, sweet cakes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, meats and cheeses, eggs, coffee, tea and juice. Its a feast, all served by a delightful woman who was so helpful and accommodating to our schedules!
Luis is the gem, however! He went so far above and beyond to ensure that our visit was perfect - from getting us reservations to a popular restaurant, to providing transportation to the airport at 2am, to making our last night in Lisbon extra special - he truly is the ultimate! He simply won't let your stay be anything but perfect!
Thank you, Luis and team for a fantastic stay in your beautiful city!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room with a balcony. They go fast - like a year in advance though!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandflytoes

Goooood morning dear Sandflytoes... I love your nickname :-)

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Zuzabed!

Indeed, a pleasure to read your comments. We are truly happy to read your detailed account of your stay with Zuzabed and share it with others. You really touch upon what it is really like to be a Guest with us and highlight all the amenities and the extra mile we go for everyone we host during their stay.

A million thanks for such a beaming review. I have shared your comments with Diego and the rest of the Zuza team and on their behalf here I am expressing our gratitude, not only for the preference you and Tim gave us but also for the great positive vibe you both have demonstrated since your very 1st minute. You are “the Guest on its best”. Definitely Travelers and not Tourists - take it as a compliment ;-) and your experienced traveler behavior was always there during your stay. I thank you for that.

So glad to know you have enjoyed our fulfilling homemade breakfast we strive every day to provide so everyone start well the day after a good night's sleep. Comfort, guidance, privacy and all the tools to explore the wonders of Lisbon are for sure part of the package when staying with us! We enjoyed meeting you and sharing our lives and city with you to create an everlasting memory. A small setting like Zuzabed enhances communal conversation around the breakfast table not to mention good times and laughter. So glad the accommodation, conveniences and space were to your liking.

I personally thank you for your kind remarks and assure you, I take pride in providing you with the best experience you can have. Your words assure me that I have succeeded and it warms my heart. Nothing is too much trouble and it was my pleasure to make your reservations as well as safely transport you back to the airport.
Regarding the stairs, yes, the building is a typical 18th century home and if there are readers who are unable to navigate stairs; don't despair! we offer stair free accommodations in the Zuza collection as well.
So true the views from the B&B Zuzabed windows and terrace of Castelo São Jorge is breathtaking and to watch the ever-changing light that Lisbon is famous for creates a beautiful natural palate of color throughout the day. The panoramic views and the rooftops are just as sensational.
We are delighted to know you enjoyed walking through Lisbon. There is always something new to see around every corner and the history is a marvel with all the patterned tiles and traditional architecture. A city with an ancient past.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and positive experience. When you are ready to explore more of Lisbon and the gorgeous country of Portugal, we hope you will find your way back to us. We will be waiting for you with open arms.

With sincere gratitude,

Reviewed October 10, 2017

we stayed for 4 nights and had a wonderful time, with the help of Luis, who can always be reached by cell phone, and is always happy to provide tips about Lissabon and which activities to participate in.
The apartment we had was nice with everything one needs for a long weekend in Lissabon. Is is nicely located and everything can be reached by foot. One has to be aware that it is fun the middle of a (very) lively neighbourhood, this means one should not stay here if you are looking for a quite place.
Thank you so much for your hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
4  Thank ottobrunn-traveller
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear Ottobrun-traveller, greetings from always sunny Lisbon,

With many thanks we gladly receive your positive review and we are thrilled to know you all truly enjoyed your stay at the ever popular Zuzabed Lisbon Suites.
Was a pleasure to meet you all at check-in and with all my honesty I must say that when I saw you I had the feeling I knew you all for so long result of the so friendly email communication we had prior to your arrival from where was possible to understand your great positive vibe. As a host, I want to say that it’s always a pleasure to have Guests like you all. People that really understand the Joy Of Life meaning, especially when on holidays. Margie’s Team = 12 points! :-)

Yep! The Zuzabed Lisbon Suites location is on a small narrow street tucked away in the heart of Bairro Alto from where everything can be reached by foot. Knowing that we are in the very heart of Lisbon historical city center where everything happens day&night it can be that the life of the city coming alive in the evening to enjoy the many restaurants and venues populated by locals and many other visitors travelling at the same time we do. A city with lots of activity and energy can be inspiring as well to open our minds to other cultural habits we find ourselves eager to discover and enjoy when travelling in different countries! ;-)

So glad you had a special stay in our spacious suites with everything you need to make you feel home away from home. We hope you find your way back to visit us again to explore more of this magnificent city and surrounding area with many other programs/visits to enjoy while staying at Zuza ;-)

You’ll be always most welcome. In the meantime, all my best wishes of happy travels

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2017

When you read very positive review after very positive review it is easy to have your expectations raised to a point it is not possible to meet or exceed those expectations. Successful enterprises like ZuzaBed can easily fall prey to those realities. Well I am wrong. Luis and his team far exceeded my expectations for our 5 night stay. Yes, the cell phone life-line is terrific, the Zuzabed app is amazing, the location is phenomenal; truly walking distance to the entire city and right in the historic center. Within one block of Zuzabed B&B there are 11 restaurants. If I expanded that 3 blocks I could not count them all. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the woman serving breakfast but she could not have been more pleasant and more willing to do whatever it took to look after us in the morning. Luis' assistant Diego was so helpful getting us checked into our room and helping us move in.

What I appreciate from Team Zuza is the time they took to book a hard to get restaurant reservations for us prior to our arrival. Luis also arranged a complimentary private transfer to the airport at 2AM! That is great service.

Being in an historic area, the rooms are not large, but we found them very comfortable for our stay And easy to unpack in. You are in Lisbon for the city not the room. There are stairs to negotiate if you have significant mobility issues but other guests I met had just as much gray hair as I do!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kiarmuid

Greetings to you dear Kiarmuid,

It is with heartfelt thanks to you and yours for writing us such an exemplary review that I start these lines. Having read your review posted on October 7th it is a belated birthday gift for me knowing that on the day before I was celebrating my birthday ;-)
I thank you so much for the time you took sharing with this forum and you really capture the ZUZA team and spirit which is creating a home away home feeling with the comfort, hospitality and kindness that all work hand in hand.

We are all pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and that your stay was as perfect as could be. We take pride in our work and it’s great to receive your compliments of a job well done. I’m the kind of person that believes that everyone who chose ZUZA for their stay deserves our respect and to have the best as possible we could give. That's what's behind my original Zuza Accommodations concept and on a daily basis I pass that message to my team. In result and as a kind of a Life Reward I take pride in being able to keep using the sentence "we have the best Guests in the world", and after the great pleasure I had in meeting and host you both I can only reinforce the idea and good feeling it is to be a host. I thank you so much for the chance you gave me/us to meet you. I enjoyed a lot the time we took sharing my beloved city with you both with my humble expertise and knowledge during the so nice chat at arrival and throughout your stay.

Yes, you are right, we are fortunate to be right in the middle of the historic center and everything is right at your fingertips; it’s up to you to choose your direction!!! Guests also get a bit of history during their stay as the original building is from the 18th century and has all the nooks and crannies of times gone by. The views are postcards that come to life and what's more but to gaze outside while feasting on a bountiful breakfast spread every morning. It’s a definite place to unwind and enjoy. :-)

So glad we could be a part of your trip to Lisbon and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay to enjoy more of what this beautiful city has to offer.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Lisbon is love. Made more so by B&B Zuzabed. Location was perfect (even with the flights of steps). The view from our bedroom was the bomb A special thank you to the very accommodating Diego. Thumbs Up
- elda