All reviews lisbon suites luis zuzarte zuza bed other guests castle room bairro alto private patio yogurt breakfast table each morning home away from home ham each guest flights of stairs living room rossio station beautiful city
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I would definitely advice this place, as we had a amazing time there, and Luis, the owner, was making everything to have us very confortable. It is located in a street with no car (necessary to have good knees though), closed by to everything (sites, restaurants, bars, views of the city etc.). The bathroom is cleaned everyday and breakfast served in a nice room. I will 100% go back there if I stay (hopefully) again any time soon in Lisabon!! You should really go there!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I arranged to stay at the Zuzabed City Break Apartment with my parents and an aunt (ie 4 adults) and we were extremely well received. I will try to summarize the reason why I strongly recommend the Zuzabed.

Late arrival: we arrived on a very late flight and we were received by Carlos with a big smile who helped us settle into the flat. He gave us a mobile to contact him the following day and meet us for a coffee and explaining lots of things about Lisbon.
Apartment: Location is excelent, very close to the Bairro Alto and Chiado (walking distance however taxis were so cheap that my parents preferred leaving the exercise to the gym only), flat fitted 4 adults very comfortably, it is very clean and modern, has all the kitchen appliances you need. When we arrived the fridge was filled with breakfast items (yogurt, cheese, ham, butter, milk, coffee, tea, etc etc) and fresh bread is delivered to your door every morning. Some reviews say that the flat is on a ladder. It is. However it is not bad at all. 2 minutes down and you are in a road full of taxis and transport.
Service: Carlos met us the next morning and explained all about Lisbon. He spent a couple of hours talking about what to do, where to eat, where and what to shop. All with a massive smile on his face. He took us to get to know the guest house and the bed & breakfast and Luiz ,who I have been in touch during the bookings. A daily call to check how we were was so nice and they helped us sorting out airport transfer with Nuno (who deserve a mention himself). They were flexible with our timing and they were just amazing.
Nuno: a great taxi driver who took us for a day trip around Sintra and Cascais which was just the perfect day. He also helped me sorting out car rental finding a very good deal at the last minute.

We leave Lisbon with the best experience and impression and although this is my first review, I travel monthly for leasure around Europe and I can say happily that Zuzabed was one of the best experiences I had.

Thank you Luiz, Carlos, Nuno and Carla for the best experience in Lisbon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gabismar
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Centrally located, between Rossio square and Bairro Alto, walking distance to all major attractions downtown, plenty of nice restaurants to choose... but its best feature is definitely customer service: every day at breakfast time (amazing food, by the way) some member of the staff welcomes you, discusses the plans of the day, gives some advice. Either you follow it or not, but it is good to know that somebody cares about your well being while traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the terrace rooms. Terrace Castle is the best, big, sunny and with a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This lovely B&B is not only about its charming owner, its also the fact its perfectly placed near the station right in the centre of Lisbon; the wonderful breakfasts (any place that can provide a gluten-free, dairy-free alternative at a moments notice is pretty special) and the little added touches that show the place is a labour of love. I went with my 8 year old son and we both loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was travelling through Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Gibralter by myself on a 30 day trip. I was planning to end my trip in Porto, Portugal, but when I arrived at Zuzabed I quickly decided to stay longer and end my trip in Lisbon. It was one of my best decisions of my 30 day adventure. Not only is Zuzabed comfortable, clean, and perfectly located (a minute walk to the main train station Rossi) but the staff are extremely helpful and a price that is WAY better than the bigger hotels. They want you to enjoy your stay in Lisbon more than you want to enjoy it. They go out of their way to make sure you see and do everything there is to do. Each day Carlos would sit with me and give me ideas on what I should do for the day. He would help me with transport directions and then I would be off and on my way to a fun filled day. The breakfast each morning was delicious, the laptops they leave out for your use are PERFECT. If you want a truly unforgettable experience, stay at Zuzabed. The owner takes great pride in his guests satisfaction, from the accommodations to the total experience. It is without a doubt a place I will never forget and if I find myself in Lisbon again, I will definitely stay again! I wish more places took as much care, pride, and ownership of their guests happiness as Zuzabed. KUDDOS to Luis and his wonderful staff for making this such a great experience for me and so many other travelers.

Room Tip: They have 3 different properties, so there are many options to choose from. They have a guesthouse (where I stayed since I was by myself), a B&B, and Guest Apartments for those that want a place for an entire family.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo