All reviewslisbon suitesluis zuzartezuza bedother guestscastle roombairro altoprivate patioyogurtbreakfast tableeach morninghome away from homehameach guestflights of stairsliving roomrossio stationbeautiful city
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Well, it has been quite a while since we stayed at this lovely little B&B, but I can honestly say it was a perfect little spot for our romantic break that we had planned.

it is good to see that the reviews are still saying very positive things about Zuzabed, it is a really rare find.

We particularly loved the small terrace that we could sit out on to enjoy the views over the city.

Would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PortugalExplorers
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the B & B for a total of four nights the last week of March 2012.
Luis, the owner of the B & B had Nuno, the taxi driver, at the airport waiting for us when we landed. (* Nuno was so great we ended up hiring him to take us to Fatima, Sintra and a couple of other small towns.)

The breakfast was way beyond a piece of dry toast and juice. Fresh fruit, eggs, several unique jams and cheeses are just a few of the goodies that are included.

The rooms were cozy and super clean. The location was in the middle of all the action.

Luis provided us with a cell phone and was available for any questions or any suggestions,

We would stay at this place again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The two rooms that we stayed in seemed to be very similar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GDTQuemadotx
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We are Italian, but I write this in English cause I wanna everyone knows that this is really the best place I've ever slept with my family.
I was there with my family (my wife and a baby 21 months old) and we thought finding a normal apartment with usual things and etc..instead...Carlos (a guy of the staff) came taking us near the apartment (we choose Chiado apartment) and then he showed us the flat...very cleaned and really in the center..they offer you a fridge full of a lot of things to eat...they give you a mobile phone too with a portugues SIM and through it you can always call the guy of the staff...the kindness of the guy is UNBELIEVABLE and if u want an advice about a restaurant he gives you and if u want he books too...REALLY THE BEST!!!
However, to sum up, if u want to visit this marvelous city and you want a nice place, with a nice staff helping you every moment and a honest fee GO ABSOLUTELY THERE...you will feel as if you were at home!!! SEE YA SOON LISBOA!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank beeibi
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in Zuza guest house - if you don't mind a shared bathroom situation then this place is perfect. The room was spacious and clean and towels and a bath robe and slippers are provided. Bathroom was clean and shower gel and hand soap are provided.
The breakfast was fantastic! Fresh pastry one morning, fresh custard tart the next, and bread roll with cheese and ham, as well as extra toast and 2 types of cereal if you want it - with freshly squeezed OJ and coffee - really impressed.
Really good location and great price. Luis is very helpful too.
There are some restaurants in the street outside, so I would recommend taking earplugs if you are a light sleeper.
Quite a few steps up to some of the rooms which would make it difficult to access for some people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the building that isn't over the street where the bars are.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Laurat79
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Zuzabed B&B is the most delightful B&B we have ever experienced. Luis, the host, takes outstanding care of his guests by providing the highest quality of experiences whether giving advice on how to have a perfect day in Lisbon or beyond, decorating ZUZABED to perfection, or daily changing the breakfast table setting to provide a cheery beginning to your day in Lisbon. He recommends outstanding restaurants, and knows the ins and outs of what makes Lisbon a wonderful vacation spot. The location of ZUZABED B&B is in a wonderful part of Lisbon where there is always something to see, and something to do that seems exotic, local, and exciting. Carlos is great, as well! Both hosts provided many delightful surprises from welcome drinks to buying our train tickets for us so that we could spend the day out of town. I would go to Lisbon again just to stay in ZUZABED B&B and experience its ambiance and delightful hosts, Luis and Carlos.

Room Tip: I liked having a patio outside my room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple