“Ky cliff”

Grande Pensao Residencial Alcobia
Ranked #151 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Good location and a good hotel. Close to transportation and other amenities . To enter the hotel you must carry your luggage up about 20 stairs. The elevator is then up another 25 stairs.
That may be difficult for some people.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kycliff

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very close to the Rossio square and public transportation. Yes, there are quite a few stairs to climb and it's an old and somewhat outdated place. But everything worked fine, great airco. For the price this is unbeatable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went for a quick walk at 10am the day of checkout. I left my iPod in the room to charge. When we came back at 11:30am (checkout was at 12pm), housekeeping had already stripped off our bed sheets and moved our luggage around the room. This was the first time a hotel had already begun cleaning before guests checked out. I noticed that 1) my ipod and its charger that were connected to the wall and 2) my phone charger that was left on a bed were all missing. I talked to reception but the woman asserted that I hadn't left them before leaving. I then asked if I could speak to the maid who I assumed had just moved them to another location. Upon talking to her, she waved her hands fervently and denied seeing or taking the iPod (Interesting because I hadn't accused her of anything). She led me to the laundry room where I rummaged through dirty bed sheets. Since my ipod was connected to the wall, it would have been physically impossible for it to be pulled out of the socket and taken up into a bedsheet. Anyways, I still rummaged and looked and 30 minutes later of talking to reception and the maid, they told me that they had "found" the ipod and both chargers in one of the sheets in the room. This was suspicious to say the least because 1) I had already looked through these sheets earlier and found nothing and 2) my phone charger and iPod/charger were left on opposite sides of the room and would have never been "found" in the same bed sheet. Neither housekeeping nor reception once explained why our room was cleaned before checkout time and could not provide any reasonable explanation for the "lost" iPod and chargers. Service was poor, housekeeping dishonest. They ran out of shampoo on one of the nights. A few ants in the bathroom. Needless to say, worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I could not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Medstudentbackpacker
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Is very close from the subway and railway station. Rossio Square is round the corner. The spacious rooms, quite good breakfast, view from the window of subjects is better, than your room is higher. Fine option for travel to Lisbon and Sintra.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sola248
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We chose this hotel due to the good price and location in the historic center of Lisbon. Steeply climbing stairs, small rooms and everything that corresponds to a small hotel in the old quarter. Polite and helpful lady at reception, regular room cleaning every day in your absence. Even if you spend the whole day in the hotel and go outdoor for 10 minutes to vizit supermarket, cleaning will be carried out in shortest time. One fact does not allow me to put a high score that hotel. We came to Alcobia for the Christmas holidays. The hotel was very damp. Humidity was felt everywhere in the room especially in the bedding. Furthermore the hotel has no central heating and we tried to get warm, by air conditioner turned to heat transfer. This did not save us from the cold. Advice to anyone wishing to spend the holidays in this hotel - never come here in the winter!
For other characteristics hotel is quite reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with horse21
1  Thank Oleg V
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our room was spacious for a pension and we appreciated the balcony. It appeared to be generally good value. We were concerned about the location - my travel companion was a smoker and she felt unsafe going out for her morning smoke so I ended up accompanying her. Our major concern was the reception's response to the blocking up of our toilet. We were blamed for this occurrence - really? we would deliberately block up our toilet? I don't think so. We were told firmly that no other room would be made available, that we should use the reception toilet ( we were on the fourth floor at the very back of the building - a traipse to the lift, 3 storeys by lift, 2 flights of stairs - in the middle of the night? What made us particularly angry was the pervasive smell of sewerage through the pension which indicated that there was a significant problem developing. We couldn't wait to leave this hotel (we were with a tour group). From then we referred to the hotel as El Cobra which aptly described the attitude of reception to our problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JillD47
Reviewed December 30, 2012

- Friendly staff: willing to help you and suggest nice place to eat, listen Fado and order a taxi
- The window of our room did not close well so it was a bit noisy but still we are satistified
- The location is very central, near Rossio metro station and Restauradores train station
- Big tv with lots of non-Portuguese channels

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends