I did a lot of research on Tripadvisor (I dont think this hotel was included in the DK Lisbon guide book), chose this hotel and found the best deal when i booked it along with our British Airways flights. I found the staff prior to our arrival extremely efficient and helpful as I was picking their brains about restaurants as well as finding out about the rooms we would have etc which I appreciated enormously.
We were in 44 and 45 (a corner room). Spotlessly clean, wooden floors, fresh furniture and huge french windows (double glazed at least..v quiet when closed) with shutters. These opened (view of Sao Jorge castle)and the aircon worked well too if you wanted an alternative source of fresh air. The plentiful and fast flowing hot water for baths/shower, Molton Brown products, good wardrobe space/safe etc made it a v comfortable stay. Rooms were quiet and there was no fuss about anything. Staff-as everyone else I believe has said-are v helpful and kind and attentive. they recommended a few restaurants which I would recommend and I'll write reviews of the others too (Sea Me was great fun). I wasn't a big fan of the breakfast partly because of the area where we had to sit..basic spread (delicious Natas though, nespresso coffee machine, freshly squeezed juice were a nice touch). I would balance this comment by saying that there was plenty of everything and with being self service it was quick and quite adequate but just dont expect a gourmet experience. The lap pool in the basement was quite nicely done and I was impressed how attractively it was presented. I didn't use the business centre or fitness centre not did I order room service. DVD players in the rooms, no complimentary water but there was a mini bar and tap water is drinkable. All in all we were very happy with the location and our choice of hotel overall for 4 nights and I would recommend to a friend as a good base for a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a bridge between modernity and the past the Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel is a space that is truly urban, Lisbon and Portuguese, that enriches the city's heritage. The Restoration maintains all elements of the 18th-century facade on a project of the internationally famous architect Miguel Câncio Martins. The location makes it incredibly convenient for the old city, on the corner of the exclusive Avenida da Liberdade and the ancient Largo da Anunciada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Av Liberdade Lisbon
- Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel Lisbon