“Great little hotel in excellent location-good night's sleep!”

Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel
Ranked #3 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I did a lot of research on Tripadvisor (I dont think this hotel was included in the DK Lisbon guide book), chose this hotel and found the best deal when i booked it along with our British Airways flights. I found the staff prior to our arrival extremely efficient and helpful as I was picking their brains about restaurants as well as finding out about the rooms we would have etc which I appreciated enormously.
We were in 44 and 45 (a corner room). Spotlessly clean, wooden floors, fresh furniture and huge french windows (double glazed at least..v quiet when closed) with shutters. These opened (view of Sao Jorge castle)and the aircon worked well too if you wanted an alternative source of fresh air. The plentiful and fast flowing hot water for baths/shower, Molton Brown products, good wardrobe space/safe etc made it a v comfortable stay. Rooms were quiet and there was no fuss about anything. Staff-as everyone else I believe has said-are v helpful and kind and attentive. they recommended a few restaurants which I would recommend and I'll write reviews of the others too (Sea Me was great fun). I wasn't a big fan of the breakfast partly because of the area where we had to sit..basic spread (delicious Natas though, nespresso coffee machine, freshly squeezed juice were a nice touch). I would balance this comment by saying that there was plenty of everything and with being self service it was quick and quite adequate but just dont expect a gourmet experience. The lap pool in the basement was quite nicely done and I was impressed how attractively it was presented. I didn't use the business centre or fitness centre not did I order room service. DVD players in the rooms, no complimentary water but there was a mini bar and tap water is drinkable. All in all we were very happy with the location and our choice of hotel overall for 4 nights and I would recommend to a friend as a good base for a holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms up to level four have large french windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was our second visit to this extraordinary hotel - the first was four years' ago, the second last week. The hotel looks pretty ordinary from the outside - and inside it is very pleasant, clean, with a lovely bar and seating area. The difference with this hotel is the people who run it - a team of young, enthusiastic, professional, kind, talented people, who make this hotel the only hotel to stay in Lisbon. Every hotel should have staff like this - they made our first stay here four years' ago so good that we returned this time round (we never do that!), and this time everything was just as perfect. Thank you so much to everyone there, and especially Andre.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the wonderful room 60.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked the hotel thru the good reviews at TA. It was my birthday city break at the same time. Arrived at past 11 in the morning and was able to check in early as our flight was early morning. Our room was #25, corner room with floor to ceiling windows including the bathroom. Not to mention the molton brown products ❤️❤️❤️. It was a huge room! Love it.. The staff were so accommodating and very helpful in all our inquiries .. The 24hr tea n coffee service was a plus n the moscatel wine during the evening! As it was my birthday, a bottle of champagne was delivered in our room for free... Location, Service, Place - says it all !!!! will highly recommend! A two minute walk to Hard Rock Cafe and all shops n transport accessibility... 10/10 !!! Keep it up!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is boutique and cute.

It's got great employees who are happy to give advice on locations, places to got etc...
The breakfast in continental and delicious.

Take your swimming gear, it's got a plunge pool in the basement, which is perfect after a day of walking.

The hotel is in walking distance to all sights and to the metro. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and I wasn't disapointed. The hotel is gorgeous, the room spacious, the bed soooo comfortable and big, and the bathroom lovely with a powerful rainshower and molton brown products.

The location is fantastic as though you are incredibly central with great restaurants on your doorstep, the room was really quiet.

Best of all though were the staff. Really great service.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife booked this hotel for a city break in Lisbon, and having read earlier reviews we had high hopes.
The staff are incredibly friendly, and we loved our stay. Location-wise, the hotel is perfect, and we ended up in Room 45 which has three balconies, and wonderful views.
The breakfast was superb, and we loved the fact that breakfast was served from 7:30am - 12 noon - this meant that on the day we had a lazy start, we were still able to meander down at 11am and everything was there - freshened up constantly. Even the orange juice was freshly squeezed - and so delicious.
Another lovely touch is the complimentary port and moscatel (a lighter port) that greets you on your return in the afternoon along with an amazing selection of leaf teas - a perfect way to relax after a busy day walking the many hills that make up Lisbon.

Room Tip: We were lucky to end up in room 45 - a corner room at the rear of the hotel. The corner location me...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We came as a couple for a bit of winter sunshine. Hotel is very well-situated, and the room was very nice.Staff were helpful, friendly and no request was too much trouble for them. The small pool and gym were a bonus, as was the complimentary port and biscuits in the afternoon. We did not sample the breakfast but it looked reasonable. Only one tiny niggle, that the rooms are not very soundproofed , so we could hear the folk upstairs moving around on an un-carpeted floor , but it was only a slight annoyance. Even though the street outside is a busy thoroughfare , there was very little traffic noise.I have no hesitation in recommending this place and would be very happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room and , if you want a double bed , matrimonio, specify it when you book.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple