We were here close to Christmas and we found the hotel to be completely wonderful. The folks at the front desk (Andrew, Joao, Patricia, and the night clerk whose name we did not get) were extremely helpful, friendly and wonderfully hospitable. The hotel itself had a great Tea Bar (with cookies) and Port service for the guest which were very relaxing after a day touring Lisbon and surrounds.
The hotel itself was ideally situated near two Metro stations (Liberdade and Restauradores), Rossio Train Station and Figuera Plaza, where all the buses and trams you will need congregate. It is in a nice leafy, wide avenue with neat little shops nearby and a 20 minute Metro ride away from the Colombo mall and a 5 minute ride away from El Corte Ingles.
The rooms were quite large for European standards and have all the requisite amenities. More importantly, the staff kept the room spotless. The gym was in a picturesque spot right beside the basement pool, which I will try the next time I'm there.
Overall the hotel was well above our expectations and this will be our go-to the next time we're in Lisbon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Avenida Liberdade is a small boutique hotel in the historic center of Lisbon. Located at Lisbon's main avenue - Avenida da Liberdade - this 18th-century townhouse is decorated by the Portuguese architect Miguel Cancio Martins. Subject to careful rehabilitation the hotel has come back to life by dint of a project of a unique nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Heritage Avenida Liberdade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Av Liberdade Lisbon
- Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel Lisbon