We bookended our tour of Portugal with two days here to start and two to end. This worked magnificently. Our rooms, both facing the side-street, were roomy, clean and comfortable, with an unfussy contemporary look (without that sleek effect some hotels foist on you). Staff very nice and helpful in minor and major issues. Excellent selection at breakfast (fresh juices, v. nice croissants and buns, fruit, coffee with hot milk, cereal, eggs and bacon if desired). In the evening, there are decanters of port for you to unwind with, on the house. Nice. Another nice touch: in-room safes with power outlets, so you could lock up electronics while charging them.
The only change I would ask for is the removal of an utterly dreadful piece of "artwork" in the lobby – it looks like the cover of one of those s-f novels where people fight aliens while riding on dragons. Sell it to a comic-book store.
Other than that, it will be my first choice for a repeat visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Avenida Liberdade is a small boutique hotel in the historic center of Lisbon. Located at Lisbon's main avenue - Avenida da Liberdade - this 18th-century townhouse is decorated by the Portuguese architect Miguel Cancio Martins. Subject to careful rehabilitation the hotel has come back to life by dint of a project of a unique nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Heritage Avenida Liberdade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Av Liberdade Lisbon
- Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel Lisbon