“I fell in LOVE in Lisbon - with the Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel!”

Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel
Ranked #5 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 13, 2012

OMG, I absolutely LOVE this hotel and the friendly, cool staff! I decided to celebrate my birthday this year in LISBOA. After researching many hotels I decided on the Heritage Av Liberdade due to positive comments on TA and the perfect location. I am so happy I stayed here and plan to return again and again. Cheers to Katia, Felipe, Joao and Andre' (Mr. Pisces - the fish). I have travelled the world and can honestly say I have never met such a friendly wonderful staff at any other hotel. Their recommendations for restaurants and FADO were right on! I felt right at home and enjoyed my room #20. I received a nice rate by calling the hotel several months in advance and paying upfront - the special rate included their incredibly delicious full breakfast buffet every morning. I must admit they fed us well and now I am off to the gym! The hotel is extremely clean, offers great breakfast, happy smiling staff and warm home type of energy. I highly recommend this hotel!

LD - Phoenix, AZ

Room Tip: I loved my spacious modern room #20 and also understand Room #45 has 3 balconies. The pool and Gym a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AdventureWoman2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,678)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights when in Lisbon this May for vacation. Lisbon is an amazing city and this hotel was the perfect base for exploring it. The location is fantastic - within easy walking distance of major train stations, Baixa, Barrio Alto, and Alfama (if you don't mind the uphill trek). The staff was professional and friendly, and the rooms were lovely - clean and modern, but with some character. If I were returning to Lisbon, this hotel would absolutely be my pick.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank china_traveler07
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Spent a long weekend here with friends and we were not disappointed. Fantastic location, well appointed rooms on the 4th floor and very helpful staff. Would highly recommend it for a stay in Lisbon. The bars in the Avenue outside the hotel are great too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ClaireLancashire
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had a fantastic stay here and would definitely return. Central location that's very convenient to the city's core and many transit options. If you can handle the famed steep steps of Lisbon, you can walk to many key destinations. If not, there's transit or an inexpensive cab ride.

The staff gave us a warm welcome in fluent English, offering complimentary port and moscatel. They were thoroughly helpful in answering questions and mapping out our trips. (One restaurant recommendation didn't pan out, but that may not have been the guy's fault.)

Rooms are stylish and comfortable, with big windows that let in lots of natural light (or none, if you drop the blackout curtains, which are useful after late nights). We had a sliver of a view of the Castelo, which is lit up at night. Good mattresses. Nice bathroom with high-quality products and good linens. Free wifi throughout the place and they had two computers where you can print boarding passes and such.

We didn't try breakfast. It looked good, with fresh food and pastries, but didn't seem to be worth the cost for us. Plenty of cheaper breakfast options nearby. The lobby is quite lovely, and guests can have complimentary tea at all hours.

A few perks worth knowing about. If you bring a receipt, the front desk will reimburse your ticket price for the Elevador da Glória. Very helpful when you want to explore Bairro Alto without a steep hike or paying for a cab. Also, your stay includes a ticket on the airport bus, which conveniently picks up just a few blocks away.

3  Thank xeno111
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our stay in the hotel was perfect. To start we booked the hotel thru a package from "cheap tickets" with airline ticket and hotel reservation and got a great rate of $120 or less for a double room. Hotel location was great in the middle of a famous avenue that's close to everything, metro, train, taxis, lovely walkin area. As a boutique hotel u feel the elegance and coziness as soon as u r in. Staff is friendly and nice. The room was simply amazing, we got a big room with breakfast although my family booked thru Expedia and got a smaller room with no breakfast included for a little lower rate. The hotel has a gym room and a lap pool/jacuzzi. The pool was not that wonderful as it has only one nozzle
For jaccuzi but the setting is still cozy and I liked that I could get a quick massage in the jacuzzi. Tried food
Services only once in reception and food was just ok.

However breakfast is really nice with basics. Fresh orange juice, tea, coffee, freshly baked bread, turkey, sausages, scrambled eggs, and corn flakes (some other stuff too and u can order different egg styles. The hotel has a tea area free for guests 24 hours.

To sum it up...GO there :)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dina E
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great hotel for a long lazy weekend in Lisboa. It really feels as if you're central to just about anywhere you might wish to visit (except Belem of course...). The room was well appointed, bathroom well sized and stocked with Molton Brown products. On the downside, bed was a little soft but that's just preference.

Staff were good on the whole, helpful and friendly, although there were exceptions. On arriving late and asking for help in finding our way to the nearest nightlife, the receptionist seemed disinterested and waved in the general direction of Barrio Alto, without telling us about it (or how to get there). Our fault I guess for not doing sufficient research beforehand.

All in all a good experience, nothing earth shattering, but just about worthy of a 4 star rating.

2  Thank double0stefan
HeritageLisbon, General Manager at Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us.
In fact, as you say, the Heritage Av Liberdade Hotel is central to almost anywhere. You can easily walk to other historic districts as the lively Bairro Alto, Chiado or Alfama.
We are very sorry that one of our receptionists seemed disinterested because it is a Point of Honour for us that all the staff do their best to help our guests and provide all detailed information about our city.
Concerning the bed being a little soft, we have a pillow-top over the mattress that offers a softer feeling, which is possible to remove if the guest prefers a firmer bed.
Thank you again and we hope you will give us another opportunity to please you 100%.
Yours sincerely,
Diogo Laranjo

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for 2 nights on a weekend in August. Room 32 was clean and very spacious, with two doors that opened wide to let in fresh air. Nice modern fittings, really well decorated room. The location of the hotel is superb, very short walking distance to two metro stops, and an easy stroll down the hill to the centre of town. There are also trams going up the steep slopes on either side of the Av. Liberdade (both very close to the hotel). Breakfast was a good continental selection, in my opinion nothing more was needed (although I know some people enjoy a fully cooked breakfast). Hotel staff were very friendly, the lobby and library are nice relaxing pause areas, and the bar fridge prices weren't ridiculous. All-in-all, truly nothing to fault.

1  Thank ryan_knapton