“A very relaxing place to stay”

Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel
Ranked #3 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is modern and stylish yet totally unpretentious. The staff are all extremely helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is relaxed. The rooms are spacious, clean and well-equipped. The buffet breakfast is much better than you would expect in such a relatively small hotel. The location is ideal, being very central but fairly tranquil (excellent sound insulation from the windows). There is a very pleasant, relaxing lounge area where tea and port wine are complimentary, with a bar for those who wish to buy a drink or small meal which seems to be available 24 hours a day. There is also a small mezzanine library with free access to internet computers. The king size bed was a proper double mattress, not two singles slotted together, which is often the case in Europe.
Perfect for a few days away in the beautiful city of Lisbon.

1  Thank HJS186338

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I just recently stayed at this hotel. Overall service at this hotel was quite good. But two subsequent incidences of identity theft makes us highly suspicous of employees/affiliates at this hotel.

1. Three days after we paid our hotel bill with our Visa card we noticed two separate fraudulent charges to a Rail-line and Airline on the same card. We know the identity theft occured at the Heritage because we did not use the credit card at any other location on our trip and we never lost the actual cards.

2. The only time I checked my email in Europe was at the hotel business center computer. I was careful to sign out of the account when I was done. Two days later my email account was hijacked and a spam email requesting money was sent to all my contacts from my email account. Thankfully gmail shut down my account the very next day due to suspicons of fraud.

We did not have any problems at the Heritage during our visit. But these two incidences have created quite a hassle for us. I would not have written this review if I was not ABSOLUTELY sure that the identity theft occured at this hotel.

Please becareful at this hotel!!!!

13  Thank gmnzsb
HeritageLisbon, General Manager at Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
It is with great concern that we read your review.
Both situations possibly has nothing to do with us. The duplication of your credit card as well the Gmail hijack could have been done a long time before your stay.
We ask you that you please report this event to the police ASAP in order to proceed with an investigation and come to a conclusion, for which we are totally available as it is also in our best interest.
We will take full responsibility according to the investigation.
We appreciate that you contact us urgently in order to help us clarify this situation.
Diogo Laranjo – General Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for three nights last weekend and it surely has to be one of the best hotels in Lisbon. Firstly the staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful and the location is so central. Gorgeous varieties of tea at the tea bar and port available all day should you wish! The room and bathroom were lovely, a gorgeous bath to laze in after a busy day sightseeing and it was very quiet. Breakfast was delicous with great variety, the custard tarts are amazing!! Lisbon is a lovely city and if you get the chance to visit Sintra for a day do go, it is beautiful! Would certainly recommend this hotel and Lisbon itself, the portuguese people are lovely.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank busylizzie1
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night in April before boarding our Windstar Cruise the next day and we quickly wished we'd had more time at this beautiful hotel - and in the charming city of Lisbon. Upon arrival the staff quickly checked us in and informed us that there was "good news" and we were upgraded to a large room facing the avenue with 2 balconies and a good sized bathroom with double sinks. (Very spacious by European standards!) We had wonderful views of the avenue from the balconies, and since they close completely with wooden doors when you're ready to sleep, we didn't find street noise to be a problem. The room itself was spacious with wood floors, a queen sized bed, a loveseat and a nice closet area with a safe and mini-bar. And clean - the entire hotel was meticulously clean.

We were traveling with another couple and we all enjoyed the common area for wine in the evening and breakfast and coffee the next morning. The orange juice at breakfast was the best I've ever tasted! The variety of breakfast food was very nice, with both European and American standards: fresh pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, assorted meats and cheeses, etc.

The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful with recommendations. Since we just had one night, we wanted to make the most of our short time, and the hotel sent us to a wonderful restaurant called Faio, where we had amazing local seafood and were entertained by Portugeuse Fado musicians.

The hotel is perfectly located and within walking distance of the central area, as well as the afore-mentioned restaurant. I highly recommend the Heritage and if we find ourselves in Lisbon again (and I hope that we do!), we will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the avenue for great views!
3  Thank hfintexas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

we enjoyed our 8 days in this nice hotel. the staff was great! always friendly, recommending us great restaurants, were interested and always smiling. breakfast was in the lobby, needs getting used to it... but very near the centre. clean and nice rooms. unfortunately the church was near our room, and even as a catholic I am not used to it anymore. I do not live near a church. therefore it was quite strange at the beginning for me ;)
My next trip to this great city, will certainly be in this hotel! I can recommend it!

2  Thank mexico1981
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Well located, nice rooms, friendly staff (by Portuguese standards!). But the combined reception/breakfast/lounge area lacked atmosphere.

1  Thank RAWELondon
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed the weekend with my wife and our daughter and her boyfriend in a separate room. Something went wrong in ordering on Expedia, so we were short of a room upon arrival. They fixed this quickly, so trouble was avoided.
Our original room was beautiful, with tall doors towards the beautiful avenue. The bathroom was very nice with marble floor, beautiful tiles and old-style amenities. The other room was less attractive, towards the back, smaller and ended up being more expensive as we were charged as "walk-in's". Yet, the mistake was my own fault, so I can hardly blame them.
The breakfast area is a little bit cramped in the lobby, but it works fine.
Location however is brilliant, with a beautiful location and only 200 metres to the central square.
I moved on to a more modern hotel in the outskirts of town after the weekend for business purposes and I missed the charming hotel Heritage at that point.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the avenue and you will not be dissapointed
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family