Ways to Experience Praca dos Restauradores
from $33.47
from $53.31
from $47.98
More Info
All reviews from spain rossio square the hard rock cafe spanish rule independence obelisk restoration foz monument commemorates cinema facade centuries palace
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

This is a nice place if you're in the area but I wouldn't make a special trek to see it as it can be full of people especially tourists with selfie sticks!!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

Good looking square, clean with good views and easy to get to. Plenty of cafés, restaurants and shops nearby. Felt safe and relaxed!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed September 20, 2015 via mobile

Like so many historical locations in Lisbon it's ornate and even a little grandiose. The fountain is amazing and a lovely location for photography (yes selfie friendly). Just one point of concern is the pattern in the cobblestones, it's visually pretty but the waviness can make you feel a little queasy.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed August 16, 2015

Centric square with lots of shops around but not the safest place to hang out, specially at night. Lots of pickpocketers hoover around here waiting for the clueless tourist. Its also a popular place for scam artist (offering drugs and later claiming to be a cop) and conmans. The square its nice but you need to take care of your things, the same in the nearby cafe's.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed August 6, 2015

Just came back from a wonderful trip to Portugal where the last two days were spent in Lisbon. My wallet was lifted from my rucksack just after I got some ice cream at a corner ice cream stall at Praca dos Restauradores. We were on our way to the yellow tour bus stop down by the Praca do Comercio (the big square by the harbour), when I discovered my bag wide open and my wallet gone. We headed back to the Praca dos Restauradores as there is a police station in the same building as the Museum and Monuments shop. This rating is not about the environs of Praca dos Restauradores, but really to warn fellow tourists about the criminal activity in this area. I believe I was followed from Praca dos Restauradores, down R. Augusta towards Praca do Comercio.

Date of experience: August 2015