Ways to Experience Parque das Nacoes
from $40.10
from $17.20
from $35.50
More Info
All reviews cable car modern architecture oriente station the vasco da gama bridge science museum world expo big mall expo site water features walk along the river tejo river worth a visit nice walk central lisbon walk around oceanarium park
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

The area is very modern and doffers a lot from usual Lisbon architecture.
Lots of wonderful skyscrapers, outstanding design, great restaurants.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is one of those type of places that seems to miss a soul. It is in contrast to the rest to.lisbon that is thriving. There seems a lack of life here.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love this place, the problem is you need more than a few days to get round all there is to offer in Lisbon. This park in itself is a full day out between the shops, arena, cable car, aquarium, restaurants, gardens, fountains, the lovely shoreline walks, the views of the bridges, its got it all. Although I have to admit I prefer traditional Portuguese cuisine so I like to get off the beaten track to find somewhere to eat and the older the better for me. I don't like the new gastro pubs/eateries on here. But this place has to have a day spent here while you're in Lisbon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A newish district of Lisbon - flats, shops, restaurants, arena, aquarium, cable car, water features in a well designed setting.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'd read that it was a great destination, but we didn't find it interesting in itself, although it was pleasant. It's a big empty concrete space with lots of trees and some other attractions. We visited to go to the Oceanarium, cable car and have lunch at the Vasco da Gama food court.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

stroll along the riverfront with gondolas overhead and the Ponte Vasco de Gamma in the background is a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Several cafes along the way and the large adjacent shopping mall offers an abundance of opportunity for retail therapy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice transformation after the Expo 98. At metro Oriente, you will spend few hours to walk, shop, eat and chill. Great view of the Tejo river. Modern, clean and safe. Unexpected great surprise.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a large area with much to do. You can:
1. shop in the large mall
2. walk/sit beside the river Tagus ( in the sun and plenty of shade)
3. have a snack or meal in the many cafes/restaurants
4. ride in the cable cars
5. just chill.
It is very easy to get to by metro or bus.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

My last day in Portugal was spent in the Parque das Nacoes and it was very relaxing. I was staying at the Olosseppe Oriente which is about 5 minutes walk from the park.

I started the day with a visit to the excellent aquarium, enjoyed a few beers at the marina, rode the cable car, riverside walk and enjoyed the many fountains and statues by the riverside. I also admired the artist at work and watched the boats on the river.

It was a sunday and Portuguese families were out enjoying themselves in the sunshine. there is a shopping complex , Vasco da Gama centre, at one end of the parque but it was far too enjoyable by the riverside to visit a shopping centre..

Worth a visit for its many relaxing attractions.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

On our last day in Lisbon we were staying in this area since it was convenient to the airport. We took the metro over and checked out the Calatrava designed train station and the attached mall. Pretty interesting but not a major tourist spot.

We then walked out to the river and considered taking the cable car but it was so stinking hot that we would have roasted on the trip. Walking along the water was a mistake since there was zero shade. We eventually made it over to the Oceanarium but we had no interest in that. The nearby fountain was one way to cool off.

I guess if you are going to one of the arenas for an event or you are there on a cool day or evening it might be more pleasant but overall not worth a stop.