“So neat!”

TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel
Ranked #66 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed April 19, 2014

When we arrived at the airport, we asked for the location this hotel on our way out. Once outside the door, we could see it immediately. After a 5-minute walk, we were at check-in which took only 2 minutes.Once on the 4th level, we had a hard time finding our room number; we looked on he door, each side of the door and above the door to no avail; it was on the floor! In the room, there's a big multi-task screen wishing you welcome. From that screen, you can do all shorts of things including programming an alarm clock. So, it's quite modern, very comfortable, sound proof and the breakfast is also impressive. Next time we're in Lisbon, it'll still be our hotel.

1  Thank mirador194
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2015

We are very happy to hear your kind words. Thank you for sharing with us your opinion.

We hope to be your first hotel choice in Lisbon on your future trips.

Fabiana Cristóvão – Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The only reason I was at this hotel was because I had an early morning flight, and so wanted as convenient a place to stay as possible. But, wow, was this a nice hotel! I can't believe it's next to an airport. This place is seriously modern, the rooms are nicely laid out, and the staff were incredibly happy, and spoke excellent English, btw. They have to have triple plated glass on the room windows because I didn't hear a thing outside, and it's next to a very busy street, and an airport. And it's a 5 minute walk to the airport.

They had a very good restaurant, but for dinner, they only had a buffet, which I don't think is really necessary. The food was good, but why can't they just have a normal menu (which they seem to have on some occasions). My flight left really early, so I figured no complimentary breakfast, but they had laid out a few things for people in my situation, so there was coffee, so baked goods, cheese and ham. I thought that was a nice touch.

I also have to give a shout-out to the pharmacy in the airport. I needed some help with a cough, and I figured there would be one in the airport, so I walked over and met the most helpful pharmacist, who helped me figure out what to do. And he was an actual pharmacist -- I mean a pharmacist works at the airport!

Anyway, I can't imagine a reason why I'd stay here again, but it was really one of the most pleasant experiences, and I highly recommend it if you're flying out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank SoloTraveler45
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2015

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Your comments are very valuable to us. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to Lisbon. Don´t forget to contact us in advance.

Fabiana Cristóvão – Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Perfectly placed next to the airport (take advantage of the free shuttle if you have lots of luggage), this hotel is new, modern & streamlined. The rooms are spotless & trendy in decor - the curtain dividing the bathroom from the sleeping area might not be to everybody's taste! - the breakfast is plentiful & varied, & the centre of Lisbon can be reached in 30 mins or so cheaply by metro. The outdoor pool did not appeal on a cool & cloudy day (besides which, its right on the motorway!) but take advantage of the peaceful spa area if your flight times permit: heated indoor pool, hydro-pool, luxurious loungers, sauna & steam room. Not your average airport hotel!

Room Tip: We did have noise-issues one night, but this was as a result of inconsiderate guests checking in ver...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Extremely close to the airport and very convenient for an overnight stay before flying out - within walking distance -but not a good walk (uphill) if you have heavy cases. There is a free shuttle bus which will drop you off at either departures at either terminal if you have heavy cases. Good idea.
Clean and fresh decor as you would expect from a new hotel. Staff friendly enough, but not always available during the day in the bar if you want coffee or a snack.
At every new hotel we visit we like to try out their Club Sandwich. This one was a real disappointment. A Club Sandwich is supposed to have bacon and chicken in it but this one was cooked ham with egg and tomato. A very nice sandwich but certainly not a Club Sandwich.
There is a lovely pool area outside the bar / restaurant. Pity it's on the main road with masses of traffic noise and exhaust fumes.
Found the bedroom a bit quirky. The shower and toilet are frosted glass cubicles which are only separated from the bedroom area by a curtain which you can draw across should you choose to do so, and the wash hand basin is in the room albeit separated from the bed by a wardrobe. Call me old fashioned but I prefer a separate bathroom with some privacy.
Normally we stay at the Oriente area the night before a flight which is only 3 subway stops from the airport. We decided this hotel might be more convenient instead, but I didn't feel as comfortable in this trendy modern hotel so it looks like we'll be returning to the Oriente.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Let me start with the most important thing - this is already a good airport hotel.

This is a fairly long review with a lot of suggestions - but they are definitely intended as being constructive and looking to make what is already good - and good value - better still.

Firstly some very strong points.
LOCATION - this is an airport hotel. It is very close to the airport. You can walk it. Compare and contrast with so-called airport hotels in other parts of the world where you have to pay £8 for a shuttle to the airport.
VALUE - I got a rate I was very happy with, under €90 including breakfast. Again this compares well with many airport hotels - and remember Lisbon is a pretty big international airport. You don't feel they are fleecing you.
DINNER - a limited menu - but good. Very friendly service, pleasant food. I should probably not have had three courses - but that was my greed!

Now some constructive suggestions...
Firstly - getting to the airport. Yes it's a walk - but it's up a hill and the pavements are typical Portuguese style cobbles (and, as is fairly common, there are some missing!). I wouldn't want to wheel a heavy case on that. This might be out of the control of the hotel, but if they have any ability to influence the airport and the authority, this might be worth improving.

The key system... Obviously has caused teething problems. It works, but you see many people struggling to get the locks on the doors working, and getting the lifts to call at their floor. It is not really fit for purpose. Get the company that put it in back - and get them to fix it. It will come back and bite you Mr Tryp!

Room design... I recently stayed in a very nice hotel in the centre of Lisbon which suffered from a triumph of "interior design" over functionality. This is as bad. In my room there is a desk. You look in the desk and there is a power socket. Excellent - that's one up on the other place. You plug your laptop in (as so many travellers do). I got woken up at 2.30am by my laptop bleating that its battery was expired... Why so? Well, the power sockets in the desk weren't actually connected. They are an extension lead that you need to plug into the only socket underneath the desk. Only problem - that socket is already occupied by the table lamp. DOH! Stupidly enough there is a "bedside table" on the other side of the bed which isn't really a table, but pretends to be a luggage trunk. Behind that there are two sockets, only one is used. The other is pointless. You wonder if the people that design hotels these days ever stay in them!

Next slightly silly room design issue... there is a very nice shower in the room., You put, sensibly, the bathmat outside the shower door, take your shower, open the door, step on the mat and try to get a towel. Ah - you can't. The towel rail is on the outside of the shower door, and you are now next to the inside. You don't really want to drip over the floor to get your towel - but you are going to have to.

Another design issue... the restaurant at breakfast time. You designers need to watch how people manage at breakfast. It's different from lunch and dinner where you have a limited number of waiters walking around. At breakfast, with a buffet, everyone walks around. And yet they need to walk around fixtures and fittings that are placed too close for two people to pass comfortably. That's just stupid design - again.

Also in the restaurant, particularly in airport and business hotels, you're often actually wanting to look out of the window. Not that it's a great view - there's the airport (surprise surprise) and a petrol station, oh and the ring road. But you still want to look out the window. Guess what... some designer has etched the glass at seated eye level around the restaurant so you can't sensibly look out the window unless you are a good deal shorter or taller than me (ok so I'm tall). Go and take your silly design ideas and do your homework.

Enough design moans, for as I've said the hotel is good and serves the purpose well. Now some things that they could fix... (please?)

BREAKFAST... I don't think I'm the only person in the world that likes grapefruit. The fruit selection at breakfast was uninspiring. Heck - Portugal has some great fruit. How about serving some! But ok - maybe I could have grapefruit juice instead. There are many kinds of juice there, but no grapefruit. Shame. And sadly, all the juices that were there tasted as though they were somewhat over-diluted. Please don't do this - it makes me feel that you are trying to save money on my breakfast. And when you do get grapefruit - please allow me to sweeten it myself if I want to (I typically don't). That's not a gripe about this hotel - it's a gripe about every hotel that serves sweetened grapefruit!

IN ROOM - please have a kettle and some coffee. It's not that tricky! Also, it's a nice touch leaving out some bottled water with a thing round the neck saying with compliments of the management. More hotels should do this. But my bottle had been opened already - it wasn't sealed. I'm not going to drink that. That is sloppy quality control - that should be a standard part of the checking.

Finally - please take this as it is intended - constructive criticism. You have a nice quirky hotel. You have friendly staff - and you deserve to do well. It's early days - and some of the issues will need a bit more work - but I hope they will get there - and I hope to be back and see progress soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Alastair F
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our airline was hours late and then they lost our luggage we arrive on foot like lost orphan's late at night. Our welcome could not have been better. They found cosmetic and toilet items for us no problem. The restaurant almost near to closing time made us welcome with a lovely meal. After the 40 hours of travel hassle we found a home for a night. Thank you to the staff, who not only came to see if we were ok in the morning, but traced our lost luggage in the middle of the night.
Many thank Tryp, I should have rated you 5 stars, you have only been open a few weeks and some of the junior staff still have L Plates. Will certainly stay again, I love your location so close to the Airport, I promise to re-think the young staff once they gain a tad more experience.
Many thanks from to very elderly traveller,
Francis and Hanne

Room Tip: So near the airport, no flight noise.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Tryp Hotel Aeroporto in Lisbon is very well placed in walking distance (about 5 minutes slow walk) off the Lisbon airport terminal.
It is new (presumably not older than 3 years - as of 2014) and makes an excellent stay for people in need of a convenient bed before / after a flight. The price is not just low (compared to other places in Lisbon), but acceptable for people with the need of a good bed near the airport.
The only negative thing I want to mention is the slow and unprofessional service in the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Rudolf S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Parque das Nacoes
Tivoli Oriente Hotel
#103 of 255 in Lisbon
Lisbon Marriott Hotel
#123 of 255 in Lisbon

Been to TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel? Share your experiences!