“a beautiful guest house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Casa das Merceeiras
Ranked #62 of 259 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in casa das Merceeiras for four nights, and we were lucky we lived the real Lisbon experience. The guest house is very beautiful and Teresa was more than helpfull and payed so much attention to the details. We were given a key and we were very independent, having our own privacy. We had breakfast in the fridge every morning, fresh fruits like strawberries washed and cut for us, and everything else we might needed. Teresa was always available for our every wish, we just had to text her and she was there and the good thing is that apart from checking in and out, we were left alone, nobody knocked on our door unless we wanted to. Casa das Merceeiras is a quiet, secret place, without even a name on the door and we were lucky enough to discover it. It is also in the centre of the old city, very close to almost everything. I think the price was very reasonable for what provided. And thank you very much Teresa for making our stay in Lisbon so convenient, and also thank you for organizing that little surprise for my birthday. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelly19881846

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were lucky enough to stay at Casa das Merceeiras for one week at the beginning of March. The service and accommodation were superb. We were made to feel very welcome with treats of fresh fruit and pastries every day. Teresa even took us to the airport on for our homeward journey. Her advice and tips for where to go and what to see were really helpful. The house is located close to the beautiful 12th century cathedral and within ten minutes of two of the main squares where you can get a train or tram to any of the main tourist attractions in Lisbon. We loved getting to know Alfama from 'our' street and hope to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We are so sad to have had only one night in Casa das Merceeiras. When (not if) we go back to Lisbon this is where we'll stay. The location is lovely, quiet and convenient, the decor is perfection and the beds were incredibly comfortable (even the day bed!!). Teresa couldn't have possibly been more helpful and welcoming and the attention to detail was astonishing - right down to the washed and trimmed strawberries from the market that day!!!! We ate at a delicious, beautifully decorated Italian restaurant a very short walk away upon Teresa's recommendation. I honestly can not say enough positive about our experience here and absolutely can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went on september 2013 to Lisboa and stayed at Casa das Merceeiras.
Located in the neighborhood of La Alfama, in a quiet cul-de-sac.
The perfect place to visit this marvelous city. With 28 tram stop nearby, that we hardly used.
The house is very close walk to other neighborhoods, shops, restaurants, supermarkets, parking, etc..
We were welcomed by Teresa, the owner. Charming, warm, funny, helpful and full of good advice and knowledge of her city.
The apartments are in an old stable which was later the studio of a sculptor. Only this story tells you the kind of special building you are about to stay.
We stayed at the "Silver" apartment.
A Duplex with a living room and kitchen downstairs and bedroom and bathroom with shower upstairs. You can see all the care, love and effort that has been put on the remodeling and conditioning of this, for me, wonderful finding.
Spacious, well-lit, comfortable, original, thoughtful.
And with a marvelous breakfast they leave each day in the kitchen!
I would definitely repeat.
Teresa thank you very much for everything!

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the apartment for 1 week in Aug 2013. The place is in the heart of Alfama District and within walking distance to all attractions. There are also a number of restaurants and cafes nearby. The apartment is beautifully decorated, super clean (I am a clean freak and I tell you it is clean!) There is no air conditioning, but that was not a problem at all, even in the mid of August as the building is old and has thick old walls. The owner provides breakfast every day that is more than enough for two. She is also very helpful with providing tourist related information and will go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I highly recommend the place and if I ever be back in Lisbon I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Bronze room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

In planning a recent trip to Lisbon, I searched online for lodging that would capture the spirit and cultural flavor of the city. Hotels seemed depressingly similar, and had I stayed in one of them I'm not sure I would have known I was staying in Lisbon vs. any other capital city. Then I stumbled upon Casa das Merceeiras. I was intrigued by the description of the apartments and photos and booked a three night stay. The reality didn't disappoint! What a beautiful, stylish, and comfortable place it proved to be. Anyone who appreciates architectural details and interesting decor will truly love Casa das Merceeiras. Simple, but elegant, and very comfortable.

Our hostess, Teresa, was a treasure trove of information on her city, providing information on grocery shopping, wines, transportation, must sees, restaurants, etc. She also provided her phone number should we need her assistance for anything. Our fridge was stocked with eggs, ham, cheese, fruit, milk, butter, and jam. Coffee, tea, croissants, bread, apple cake, and plenty of oranges for fresh squeezed juice were available each day. Our adult son (who lives and works in Morocco) joined us for our second and third nights at Casa das Merceeiras, and Teresa surprised us with treats to welcome him. I can't say enough about the warmth, helpfulness, and energy of our hostess. When my smart phone was stolen on an outing in Belem, Teresa volunteered to take me to the police office for tourists, providing service above and beyond anyone's expectations.

Shower was great; beds were very comfortable. I cannot think of anything to criticize. Should we return to Lisbon, I would definitely stay at this beautiful, refurbished carriage house and recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: It's an apartment and serves couples quite nicely. The downstairs couch serves as an extra bed...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just back from a lovely weekend break in Lisbon, where it was warm and sunny (even though it was the first week of November!) The Casa das Merceeiras B&B apartment was amazing: perfect location in the Alfama District - within easy walking distance of local cafés and restaurants and a stone's throw from Baixa; amazing building and fantastic value for money. And as other people have said, Teresa is the most warm and friendly landlady you could ever meet. Just make sure you pack some flat shoes because all the roads and pavements in Lisbon are cobbled and there are lots of hills!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple