“Excellent croissant selections and toasts”
Review of Choupana Caffe

Choupana Caffe
Ranked #21 of 65 Bakeries in Lisbon
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic vibrant place for brunch, lunch, or fast dinner. The red velvet cake is scrumptious and the toast we had was very tasty as well. Prices were very reasonable so we definitely recommend it if you are in the area.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Brunck, breakfast, scones, pancakes, yogurt, fruit salad, daily juice. Great scenario, very friendly staff.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019

Visited twice on a recent visit to Lisbon. Was taken there by my daughter who raves about it and was not disappointed. We did not have to wait for a table - unlike some other reviews. The first time was for coffee and cake & I had the red velvet croissant which was huge, delicious and very filling! The second time was for a toastie which I was warned were enormous. This was the case and it was tasty and more than enough. Service was fairly prompt - considering they were busy and the atmosphere was trendy and young. The dining area is quite noisy but I think this adds to the buzz of the place. We took away cookies when leaving and would certainly recommend this café if you are in the area.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

The croissants are amazing, specially the red velvet and chocolate one! The thing is that this is not a very nice caffe for people allergic to nuts... the scrambled eggs and natural juices are also amazing and the yogurt seemed good too! We had a very good time. We waited like 20 minutes for a table but I think it was worth it

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 18, 2019

I went there last wednesday, the waiting time was ridiculous for a normal weekday. The room downstairs was too noisy, I couldn't even hear the waiter. I ended up staying outside but it was even worse. It took around 30minutes for someone to get my order and when it finally came, other tables that ordered later were served first, and my coffee was already cold. I ordered pancakes with nutella, only to find a tiny bit of nutella that wasn't enough for the 2 pancakes served.
I was a regular costumer, but I'm afraid that it couldn't live to its expectations.

Date of visit: January 2019