All reviewsmetro stationdelicious homemade jamsbull fighting arenadelightful place to staymodern arttraditional hotelhome away from homeeach morningwonderful citycentral lisboncarlospeacocksportugalplugspavementbuses
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

I was so happy to return to Whatever B&B for 4 nights after a very short visit in 2013. I have always wanted to come back to Lisbon to spend more time seeing the sights. What a wonderful city.
Nothing had changed at Whatever. Still wonderful hospitality and a very comfortable stay. The peacocks are no longer there, however, which is a shame and even Carlos was sad that they are gone now.
My room was so comfortable. The bed was lovely and the room was so dark that I slept very well. WiFi was good and worked very well. Everything is spotless and clean. Breakfast is generous and plentiful. Delicious Home-made jams.
This B&B has everything you need and would expect. Carlos is the most friendly and generous host. It may be out from the town centre but is not far, and very easy access to buses, metro and regional trains. Carlos organised a fabulous 1-day itinerary for me to Sintra and Cascais. It was perfect. So much cheaper than a tour and I could run to my own schedule, staying longer or shorter times where I wanted. I enjoy using local transport. He also helped me find a food tour to join, which was excellent. It was like visiting an old friend. Warm and inviting and a home away from home. I know many visitors are regulars who keep returning. I can understand why.
There are lovely places to eat in the area if you wish to stay local. Carlos can recommend several for you. There is also an amazing museum close by.
Yes there is some building happening next door at the moment, but it was never a problem. They did not commence until 8am each week day.
Thank you Carlos for a wonderful holiday. I’m sure I’ll return again some day.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2017

When seeking a place to stay when traveling abroad, you might opt for a traditional hotel because you know what to expect. My wife and I like the opposite! We love to discover new and interesting places that are different, unique and eclectic. Whatever Art B&B is one of those discoveries and completely unexpected.

Located just outside central Lisbon close to the Bull Fighting Arena and metro, Whatever B&B is a wonderful spot to make your home on a visit to Lisbon. This ground level apartment in a lovely older building is comfortable and convenient when exploring the city. The quiet neighborhood surrounding the apartment has bakeries, restaurants, banks and other amenities. It sits on a tree lined street with easy access for Uber and Taxis.

Walking inside you will be greeted by your wonderful host, Carlos. An artist, Carlos is as interesting and unexpected as the B&B. His wild curly hair and personable manner are an absolute delight. The modern art that adorns the walls are his own creations and really cool. His unique approach is that the works can be shifted around and turned and still work. He's a really terrific person filled with enthusiasm and eager to ensure your stay is excellent.

Rooms are colorful and have Carlos' unique artistic touch. Our room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and we had a wonderful large window to look out onto the street. However, right now that was a small problem because some construction is going on next door and unfortunately they weren't adhering to the required quiet hours. That's not Carlos' fault and I suggest while construction is going on, you ask for a room toward the back if it's available or bring ear plugs.

There are two LARGE bathrooms that are shared. We never encountered a problem accessing one even though there were a number of guests. Each has great water pressure, a bidet, spacious seating to get ready for the day.

Breakfast was great.Traditional European fare complimented by fresh baked cakes of Carols's creation start your day. You can enjoy your plentiful morning meal in a lovely breakfast room or on the wonderful terrace at the back. It really is a great spot to start a wonderful visit to Lisbon.

In all, the Whatever Art is a delightful place to stay in Lisbon. You will find a warm welcome in this unique and beautiful B&B. We definitely enjoyed our stay and will plan to return when we make our next journey to Lisbon!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the street. There is construction going on next door.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Stayed for 6 days in September. Very good value, with clean rooms and a good breakfast selection. Anticipated that shared bathroom facilities might be problematic, but it wasn't a problem at all. Very friendly and helpful host and interesting art collection. Not in the city centre, which is a good thing, as metro and mainline trains are easily accessible and cheap. Would definitely stay again if visiting Lisbon.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

THE LOVELYiest B&B I ever stayed at !!!
Super host, very helpful and caring!
Whenever I come back to Lisboa, here is, where I ' m gonna stay!
Carlos even served my 10-year-old daughter selfmade nutella as there was none left...!
And his freshly baked cakes in the morning- don't miss it!
Tina / Germany

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Had a very nice 2-night stay here. Carlos & his staff were extremely accommodating. I didn't really check the location when I booked, but liked that it was not right in the busy city center but still extremely accessible to all the things I wanted to do (metro station is about 2.5 blocks away).

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo