“Whenever thou art in Lisbon”

Whatever Art Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 255 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I really enjoyed my all-too-brief stay at the Whatever Art B&B and fully intend to stay there again when I am next in Lisbon. This is an exceptionally friendly, aesthetically charming, and overall very delightful B&B. Carlos is the perfect host, who will take the utmost care of you. The rooms are comfortable and most appealing with all sorts of period and contemporary decorative and artistic features. The location is also very convenient for travel to and from the airport or by rail (Entrecampos is close); the Gulbenkian and CAM are a short walk away. And make sure to spend a little time with Babu and the peacocks. Really.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank JohnnySparrow
There are newer reviews for Whatever Art Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed November 11, 2013

You have two choices while visiting this beautiful capital. You can ENJOY or ABSOLUTELY ENJOY your stay! If you want to go for the second one, than choose the Whatever Art B&B hotel. It is a charming corner of peace in a rush city with a lovely little terrace and beautiful rooms and 2 spacy bathrooms. Everything is clean, nice and gives you an exclusive feeling of being in a fairy-tale.
Carlos, the owner is a lovely and warm person. He is ready to help you with anything you need and thanks to him, my stay was much better than I expected. While travelling alone, it is a perfect place to stay.
One of best thing on this place is totally the breakfast – I felt in love with the home-made chocolate cake. I even got a peace for my journey 
This Whatever Art B&B and pastels de nada are the MUST in Lisbon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kukead
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I think it is an excellent place for an holiday trip in Lisbon. The rooms are beautiful and unique, individually decorated. More over there is a nice garden. The owner is very friendly and he helped us a lot for booking a flight. I think it is a perfect choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had an absolutely fantastic experience here. I arrived not feeling too well. Carlos was very helpful with tea, biscuits etc, As a host he is exemplary in taking care of his guests and his line in interesting repartee. As for the hotel itself you could spend your visit just looking at the artworks which Carlos has created to decorate and create a calming atmosphere.

When in Lisbon again I will defnitely make a beeline for whatever Art and look forward to chatting with Carlos again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curtharry
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A big thank you to Carlos you has been the best host I have ever come across. I am very well travelled and I must say Carlos is amazing! We felt 'at home' straight away. The B&B is actually in an very beautiful flat with few bedrooms, with plenty of charm and lovely features, a very 'originale' and tasteful decoration, lots of amazing art pieces throughout with amazing colours, made by Carlos himself, etc. The flat has its own kitchen, breakfast room and rear terrace. It's a little jem in the centre of Lisboa, quite romantic. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Lisboa.

Room Tip: The only thing I'd say is that make sure you book room 6 if you require a double bed. Other doub...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was lovely! The flat is really cozy and with an original Decor; the flat has also 2 big bathrooms and awonderful balcony. The room was very confortable and I felt at home.

Furthermore I was welcomed with a cup of rose and ginger tea and a nice chat. And the breakfast was really nice and fresh! Not to mention that the locatipon ir great.

So, I really recommend this B&B

Room Tip: If you are concerned that the bathrooms are shared, I would like to add that this is NOT a problem a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Based on other travelers' reviews I decided to go for something different in Lisbon and am so glad I did. This small, but homey B&B was quirky and full of interesting artistic touches. There were two shared bathrooms, but they were rarely occupied and I relished the lovely bath I took in the charming bathroom. My room was small, but it immediately felt good and inviting. Breakfast consisted of a large variety of choices, and exhibited the same care as everything else at Whatever. But the BEST was Carlos and how helpful he was. Seemed like he had nothing else to do but help me (although that was far from the case). The property is a little to the north of the Bairro and tourist area, but I loved taking the easy metro and staying in a more local neighborhood. Super experience. Thank you Carlos!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo