“Nearby Gulbenkian Museum”
Review of Lateral Bistro

Lateral Bistro
Ranked #177 of 4,123 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open from Monday till Saturday. Lunch Hours 12:00-15:00 ; Dinner Hours 19:00-24:00 ; Closed on Sundays.
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
“Nearby Gulbenkian Museum”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

if you visit Gulbenkian Museum this Bistro could be a good option. I had a day menu and it was excellent.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Food & Superb Service”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went with my family for dinner at Lateral Bistro and our experience was amazing. The food was delicious and meticulously prepared. From starters to mains, we couldn't believe the flavours and presentation of the dishes. And to top it all of, those mini temptations they have for desert were to die for... Yes, I reiterate, to die for!
Finally the service and ambiance were incredible with funny, very attentive and friendly staff.
Overall, an event that made everyone extremely happy, from the 4 year old to the 60.
Definitely coming back very, very soon.

Tannay, Vaud, Switzerland
“This restaurant saved my trip !”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We've had many bad experiences in the city of Lisbon because of the touristic restaurants that don't even care about the food.

This restaurant helped us make peace with everything !
Amazing food, great prices and super nice staff, the whole nine-yard !

Thanks to the owners and long live Lateral Bistro !

• Visited July 2013
Tiago C, Guest Relations Manager at Lateral Bistro, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Jean-Luc and Emmanuelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your experience at Lateral.
You have been one of the nicest and friendly couple we have ever had in this restaurant and It was a truly pleasure to meet you and serve you.

From Lisbon to Switzerland we send you a big and warm hug,

Tiago Cabral
Paris, France
“Good place to have a relaxing dinner”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We went there after 10pm on a Friday night. It's a modern place and we had a relaxing time. I really liked the fries :)

• Visited July 2013
“Favourite restaurant in Lisbon!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to Lateral on our first night as it was pretty close to our hotel and had good reviews on here. It was quite empty when we went (just us and another couple, I think), but we did go fairly early so not the fault of the restaurant. The waiter was very attentive, spoke good English and even came over to give us their wifi password! We had the alheira croquettes to start along with the couvert of bread, olives, and hummus (although the hummus wasn't like any hummus I'd had before - I'm not sure exactly what was in it but it was still good!)

For the main, I had steak with fries and fried egg, and my girlfriend had the prawn linguine. The steak was excellent (although if you're from the UK remember that Portuguese standards of cooking meat are a lot rarer than at home - I ordered medium and it was still quite pink in the middle) and so tender that a steak knife wasn't even necessary. I tried a bit of my girlfriend's meal and it was also great.

We stayed in Lisbon for a week and this was without a doubt the best meal I had. It's a shame it's a little bit out of the way but if you're in the area it is definitely worth a look.