“Great food, but the service wasn't as good.”
Review of Leitaria Camponeza

Leitaria Camponeza
Ranked #218 of 5,951 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Great place to eat. I came solo, waited for 20 minutes. There was no waiting list so i had to stand in front of the place just not to miss my turn, which was awkward cause there's tables outside and you would stand to people eating.

I'd recommend though for the food.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Looking forward to a nice meal but unfortunately had to leave due to extremely poor service and absolutely rude waitress. I've never experience such rude derive before in multiple life and this was first time ever I left a restaurant! I would recommend you give this restaurant a miss as good food is never a substitute for poor service! Very unhappy and real negative experience, which should not have happened! J

Date of visit: August 2016
3  Thank Jayson M
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

On this occasion trip advisor get it right. Top class restaurant. Set menu. But not a foot put wrong. Delicious food. Great service. Only fly in the ointment - bring cash no cards accepted. But don't worry about that the food is superb

Reviewed July 23, 2016

I had a long walk around Lisbon and then in the evening consulted TripAdvisor to see where would be good to eat. It led me down a couple of back streets near the center of the city to this place, and I got there just after it opened which meant I got a good table. It fulls up quickly so I recommend going as early as possible or reserving a table.

FOOD:

I ate the mixed seafood menu meal which consisted of three courses. For starter a nice meat, cheese and olive platter. For the main three HUGE prawns (like mini lobsters, hah), some octopus and some calamari I think. It hangs on a skewer over the table and looks very cool, you will be taking photos with your phone to show your friends for sure. It was accompanied by grilled potatoes and salad. It was all cooked perfectly and tasted delicious, I was so happy. I took an apple pie desert which was Ok but nothing special, but to be honest I was so full by that point that I shouldn't have ordered it anyway and had the port wine instead.

SERVICE:

There were two ladies serving, one a middle-aged lady with a polite but very cool demeanour, and the other an Asian girl who was very quiet but very nice and very efficient. When it got busy the service did slow down a little, but that's to be expected and it was more than acceptable.

DECOR:

Very nice and cosy with very tasteful furnishings on the wall and very cool designed tables... it was like a "cart on wheels". Hard to explain until you see it.

PRICE:

For me menu including two cola zeros it was a little over 20 EUR which I consider very reasonable for three courses and two soft drinks.

CONCLUSION:

I really liked this place and will be going back before I leave. :)

Reviewed July 15, 2016

Wow! Up an unassuming back street, slight whiff of drains and a FABULOUS meal! For 17 euros just enjoy simple food, beautifully cooked. A mixed meat, cheese and olive starter, meat, fish or seafood brochettes plus salad and potatoes for a main course and either desert or a glass of port. We also had a pint of beer and half a litre of vinho verde all for 43 euros. Delicious! The prawns on my mixed fish brochette were at least six inches long and that glorious barbecue flavour...My husband raved about his mixed meat kebab, with succulent chunks of beef, pork and turkey. What are you waiting for?

1  Thank Barbara W