“Great place to get souvenirs of cheeses”
Review of Queijaria Nacional

Queijaria Nacional
Ranked #26 of 198 Shopping in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Queijaria Nacional is the place to find the best Portuguese Cheese. Taste our marvelous cheese, wines, marmelades and cookies. We have special tasting menus! We are in Downtown Lisbon, in a XVIII century beautiful building. Come and enjoy!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I discovered this little gem which was a stone throw from the Napoleão wine shop in downtown Lisbon.

They have a lot of cheeses from Portugal, which are hard to find and expensive in the U.S. There are other delicacies like pata negra, jams, cookies and more. I picked up quite a few things for souvenirs. Cheeses like Azeitao is easily over $20 a wheel at Whole Foods Market in the U.S. but only 7 euro here. What's great is that the manager can vacuum pack and seal the cheeses for me, so it was a breeze packing them into my luggage.

There is no room for eating in, though you can most certainly have them prepare a sandwich or cheese platter to go.

3  Thank azuki

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a light lunch of sausage and cheese on our way down from the Castle. They were willing to accommodate our requests for specific cheeses and created a beautiful board accompanied by delicious wines. We ended up buying some additional treats to take home with us. Heaven!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I popped in here on the way to Se just down the road I was looking for a light snack and found it. I ordered the sandwich with creamy cheese and it was outstanding. There is a tiny bar like seating area where I ate my meal. There are options to do samples of different cheeses, meats and wine as well as gift options.

1  Thank hazyeyedgirl7
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ran into this little shop on a rainy day looking for shelter and a warm coffee. They have a beautiful showcase of Portuguese cheeses and marmalade. The charming interior, cozy cheese sandwiches and hot coffee warmed our bellies as we ventured back out.

1  Thank Shiva D
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The shop's interiors attracted our attention as we walked by, and drew us in for a snack and some wine. Lone ranger Ricardo greeted us with smiles and told us all about the shop's recent beginnings, and about the region's delicate and flavourful cheeses, mostly from sheep's milk. I asked him for his favourite and we were very pleased by what we tasted. There are the usual craft jams and jellys for sale, and some other pretty things on display, making the Queijaria Nacional a quaint and pleasant destination that's not on the main strip but still very closeby.