“Amazing team to surf and have fun with”
Review of Solfun Surf School

Solfun Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: *solfun* Surf School is the place to come for quality, safe and fun surf lessons for all ages and levels. Operates year-round in Lisbon, Sintra, Costa, Cascais and Carcavelos. Offers private and group lessons, surf guide, video analysis, accommodation, advanced training and sightseeing tours. A new concept of surf school, " We choose the beach that is right for your skill level ! " Find the right beach, on the right day for those conditions. We also have a beachfront structure in praia das macas, Sintra with cloakroom, lockers, shower, wc, bar service, restaurant and we provide transport to/from your accomodation. Experienced surf coaches will introduce you to a unforgettable and safe surfing experience. "The surf school allows me to share my passion for surfing and its unique lifestyle.There is nothing better than seeing the smile on their face when they ride their first wave." Luis Barros, Owner *solfun* surf school
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Luis and his team were fabulous. They were great instructors, not only for beginners, but also helping those who had not yet critiqued the art of surfing but were well on their way. My friends and I had a great time with these guys and would highly recommend Sol&fun to go surfing with, regardless of your skills or experience.

All reviews
"wetsuits"
in 6 reviews
"praia"

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Only had one session of surf with solfun. Originally signed with another surf school that was a little bit disappointing. My friends had already been surfing with solfun, and where really happy with it. And they didn't let me down. both instructors (Luis and Rasta) where really positive, helping and above all patient with me. Although I was a little bit nervous about the waves, I had a great lesson in the water. Would really recommend Solfun for beginners. The atmosphere before, during and after surf is fun and relaxed, the facilities are great, beach is nice and the little bar by the surf school so charming and nice.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've had surfing lessons in a couple of places (Hawaii, Fuertaventura) and my week with Sol & Fun was one of the best. Luis is a really great surfing instructor who is also a brilliant guide. My girlfriends and I had a really enjoyable week of surfing. Luis' lessons catered for our different levels (limited experience to total beginner). We also went on a trip to Sintra and a night out in Lisbon. I would definitely recommend Luis as he is a fabulous teacher. He has definitely inspired us to become surfer girls - when we're not in the office!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had a really nice first surfing experience with Luis! He is a great instructor who knows how to encourage and make his students to be relaxed and comfortable with their abilities. And apart from that it was a spectacular tour through Sintra and the coast line in a super relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Looking forward to come back for longer surf holidays!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A couple of friends and I had a week learning to surf with Luis as our instructor. Two of us had done some surfing before and our other friend had surfed but had such a bad experience she was terrified to try again. Luis persuaded her to have a go and within 20 mins she was popping up like a pro! Whenever she got scared he would help her out and soon have her smiling again. I have never had such a good instructor as Luis - by the end of the week we were out the back turning on green waves and having a fantastic time. We loved Luis's "hippy van" and the drive through the national reserve to the stunning beaches, beers at the beach bar after surfing and the night out in Lisbon. Thanks Luis! Can't wait to go back.