“Lisbon beach life :)”
Review of Solfun Surf School

Solfun Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: *solfun* Surf School is the place to come for quality, safe and fun surf lessons for all ages and levels. Operates year-round in Lisbon, Sintra, Costa, Cascais and Carcavelos. Offers private and group lessons, surf guide, video analysis, accommodation, advanced training and sightseeing tours. A new concept of surf school, " We choose the beach that is right for your skill level ! " Find the right beach, on the right day for those conditions. We also have a beachfront structure in praia das macas, Sintra with cloakroom, lockers, shower, wc, bar service, restaurant and we provide transport to/from your accomodation. Experienced surf coaches will introduce you to a unforgettable and safe surfing experience. "The surf school allows me to share my passion for surfing and its unique lifestyle.There is nothing better than seeing the smile on their face when they ride their first wave." Luis Barros, Owner *solfun* surf school
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A couple of friends and I had a week learning to surf with Luis as our instructor. Two of us had done some surfing before and our other friend had surfed but had such a bad experience she was terrified to try again. Luis persuaded her to have a go and within 20 mins she was popping up like a pro! Whenever she got scared he would help her out and soon have her smiling again. I have never had such a good instructor as Luis - by the end of the week we were out the back turning on green waves and having a fantastic time. We loved Luis's "hippy van" and the drive through the national reserve to the stunning beaches, beers at the beach bar after surfing and the night out in Lisbon. Thanks Luis! Can't wait to go back.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"minas"
"organisation"

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sol Fun is much more than just surfing. We had a week-long surfcourse plus a brillant trip up the coast from Cascais to Peniche with a couple of hours surfing there and lots of stops along the beautyful coastline. The instructors are locals who will tell you all about the area and local food. What's more, they're excellent in teaching you to surf. No matter what your previous experiences are - the guys at Sol Fun are the ones to get you to master that surfboard. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My 'Sintra/ Surf Tour' with Sol Fun was a truly magical experience. I was merely looking for a surf session which would allow me to get back on a board and into the water however the tour provided me with so much more!

After selecting the perfect spot for a surf, Luis (a local surfer/ my surfing instructor for the day) was absolutely awesome, he made me feel at ease and gave me some great surfing tips. The surf session was super fun and 'just what the doctor ordered.' We then headed to Sintra, a magnificent, spectacular town perched on the foot of the Sintra Mountains. Even the drive there was breathtaking. Honestly can't put into words how magical the energy was in that area of Portugal. After being shown around by Luis (a local) I sampled traditional pastries and we continued the tour along the coast stopping in little coastal towns. I definitely saw a part of Portugal that the average traveller would not get to experience.

I would highly recommend taking a tour with Sol Fun to both experienced and first time surfers! After a full-day trip I arrived back in Lisbon feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and full of joyous energy. A highlight! Can't recommend this experience enough. Cheers Luis!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My experience with Sol Fun was GREAT! The beach is beautiful and Luis, my surfing instructor, was excellent...I succeeded in surfing after never really having done it before. He also took me on a mini tour of some small towns just outside of Lisbon after surfing, which was a beautiful experience. I would recommend this tour to anyone with a love of adventure, guaranteed a wonderful time.

1  Thank thaisitaaa