“Brillians Goese food”
Review of Jesus e Goes

Jesus e Goes
Reserve with
Jesus e Goes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #551 of 4,112 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Brillians Goese food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

It's not easy to find, but if you're looking for Goese food, I know of no better place in Lisbon. However, be sure to reserve a seat or arrive early if you don't - the quality of the food didn't go unnoticed ant the restaurant can be packed.

• Visited September 2013

“Best place to eat food from Goa!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a great dinner there a couple of days a go. The food is excellent and the service is very friendly and efficient. It always has new wines to try. A place to keep going. Congratulations Jesus!

• Visited September 2013
Faro, Portugal
“a new world has opened up after tasting their meet samosa”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The first time I walked by that door they were closed yet I stopped and peeked through the window.
I felt a good vibration. In the following couple of weeks I went by many a time and always wished I had the time to stop and indulge. Eventually earlier this week I went there for lunch. It is a small place with a simple decoration but good ambiance - I particularly liked the chilli peppers garland.
We ordered different things. We were told they were 'different' spice wise but I have to admit I did not feel the difference. I chose the vegetarian xacuti, with mushrooms and chestnuts and it was superb. My friends had the shrimp and okra curry (very tasty) and the sarapatel, which I thought was good but not as good as the other two.
For starters we had the very best samosas I have ever tried. I was never particularly fond of this popular type 'street food' and I have to say a new world has opened up after tasting their meet samosa! :-)
The service is fine. The initial approach can be cold and distant but then it does improve and I came back very pleased.
Needless to say I shall go back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JOSE G
Lisbon, Portugal
“the best 'goês' in town?”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Alright, the truth is that I don't know that many goan restaurants in town (I know a couple, ok, literally, another 2), but I'll take my chances, Jesus is bound to be up there!

First time we went there, right down these words:
Boges [like onion bhajis] with a cillantro Chutney - the best 'bhaji' like stuff I've had and don't get me started on the CHUTNEY!
Xec Xec Crab (no idea what xec xec stands for)... let's just say that the second time we went there we had this one again. And I'll have this yellow delight any day of the week!
Okra and shrimp curry, although more discreet, very very nice mild curry (not too spicy at all).
We finished with the bebinca, which I'm usually not a fan of, but sharing this one was challenging (I probably had 2 thirds my self).
My partner had this amazing ginger tea, which they make there. We asked about the tea, if there was anyway she could buy it to make at home, not the case, but they did tell us how to do it. A couple of minutes later the girl brings us a little paper with all the ingredients for the tea, how sweet is that?

2nd time around:
"Chamuças" here are goood, plus a chapati that also came with that wonderfull cillantro chutney and a chillie gem (amazing, vibrant red, not too spicy, yammy).
As mentioned, we repeated the Xec Xec and decided to also try the Chicken Cafreal, which has just the perfect balance between the cilantro and the spices (clear little kick of cinnamon, just enough not to overpower it), delicious sauce, perfectly cooked chicken (the same goes of course to crab).

both times we spent a bit over 30€ (for drinks we usually have either a tea or lassi, o glass of wine or beer for me :p, always water and 2 coffees)

So, I'd say 15-20€ per person (if you're frugal you can do less, I guess), which is a bit over your average 'indian food style' restaurant, but I have to say it's well worth your pennies.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CaetanoC
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Finger licking good food”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The place for unpretentious good food in a well known neighbourhood, the chef tantalize your palette with aromatic spices. Worth trying the crab xec xec and prawn Marsala, for the less spicy try the steak also the dessert "bebinca" melts in your mouth.
The cocktails like" Gin with Jesus " is refreshing.

• Visited April 2013