“Nice bistro great passionate staff”
Review of Bistro Edelweiss

Bistro Edelweiss
Ranked #252 of 4,514 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: French, German, Italian, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tipical Homemade Food from a Swiss Chef: Best described as "Alpine Cuisine" Adu Wahlen's dishes are refreshing in the summer time and heartwarming in the cooler season. Rosti and Spatzli are always to be found along with Cheese Fondue and Raclette for aficionados. Seasons play a great role in the choice of ingredients used with influences from french, german and italian cuisine. The menu is therefore ideal for many palates from vegetarians to meat lovers.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We randomly stumbled upon this place, as it is somewhat at the end of Barrio Alto. It turned out to be a great choice, ending with nice Swiss schnaps, always good...

The place has a great '50/'60 living room vibe and friendly hardworking staff/owners; The type you enjoy spending your money on:)

The food is more grandma recipe oriented, nice Swiss beers and Portugese wine.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

we stumbled across this place by chance and thought it looks very interesting. Came for dinner, the food is mainly Swiss with German influences, and the flavours coming from the kitchen were just as amazing as the food we were served. The place is designed very nicely and there are a lot of details and decorations around the place that catch your eye. The owner is a character, he's a good laugh if you catch him when he's not busy with other customers. The prices are not very low, but really excellent value for money compared to other places we'be been to which had higher ratings on tripadvisor. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone visiting or just in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stumbled onto this cool restaurant close to where we were staying, and ate there on a quiet weeknight. The food was good, decor and music were fun and a little nostalgic, and the host was friendly and attentive. He was also happy to help out with special dietary requirements. We'd definitely come here again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I live next to this very funky little restaurant. My first day in Lisbon, the owners greeted me (Canadian and Swiss couple) and were so friendly that I wanted to eat there immediately. Luckily I did; the food was great and the evening was excellent. I have been back several times already. I have brought Lisbon friends too who didn't know it well. They do now...

Reviewed April 8, 2013

After eating Portuguese for all of my first week of my two months' stay in Lisbon and seeing this charming-looking little spot in my `hood, decided it was time for a change (and haven't found likely Chinese yet!) A quiet mid-week night for them, just myself and a few tables of locals, so co-owner Marc had time to chat. He and his partner are well-travelled free spirits and bring that vibe to this cozy little bistro. Really enjoyed the 40s-50s French music playing softly.

A cool-ish early April evening so the piping-hot aspargus soup with generous dollop of what I think was creme fraiche really hit the spot. The lamb Navarin, which they soooo kindly served with two kinds of spaetzle instead of the more traditional boiled potatoes, was nicely cooked, medium rare and with a nice selection of veg. Dessert was a sabayon-type of very light pud, made with apple cider. All of this with a half-bottle of nice wine, coffee and a tip was under 30 euros if I remember correctly. (And I may have had a small Imperial -- draft beer) while deciding what I'd eat. I'd done my evening constitutional first, after all ;)

Will go back for the fondue before I'm through.

1  Thank SolaGo