“Top Ten Tours is the "Top" in this category”
Review of Top Ten Tours

Top Ten Tours
Ranked #10 of 112 Transportation in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private day tours departing from Lisbon. Exploring the beauties of the City. Wonderful Sintra and Cascais. Taylor made tours for you and your family.
Destin, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Top Ten Tours is the "Top" in this category”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were picked up by Alex at our hotel in Lisbon. His minivan is new and clean with leather seats and air conditioning. Alex, who is an ex-DJ is a skilled tour guide,and took us to Sintra for pastries, The Pena Palace, on to the shore, Cascais for late lunch and gelato. He even gave us a short tour of Lisbon since he felt we had missed some of the highlights. Our tour lasted about 9 hours but can be tailored to your time constraints. In all, this was one of the best guided tours we have ever had, I recommend this company without reservation. You'll find for a group of four, their price is better than a commercial bus tour. They are the best.

1 Thank linda s

St Paul MN
“Very informative”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We took the tour that includes Fatima and Obidos. Our driver Alex was very informative of the history and let us take the time we needed at each site. The van was clean and well maintained. He was also helpful in advising us on other fun sights in Portugal. Would highly recommend .

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The only way to see the wonders of Portugal!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I had a truly wonderful day with Alex, our private Top Ten Tour Guide. He was waiting at our Hotel precisely on time and, from the moment he introduced himself, there was an immediate rapport among us. Alex's manner and presentation was very friendly, extremely knowledgeable and filled with love and pride for his country. His air conditioned and immaculately clean vehicle was very comfortable and great for seeing all the special places Alex pointed out along the way. Our visits to Fatima, the Monastery at Batalho and Obidos were perfectly timed. Alex gave us just the right amount of information and history and accompanied us into each amazing location, pointing out the important things to see and do. After explaining where we would meet, Alex left us to explore and enjoy these beautiful places on our own and at our own pace. When we made our way back, he was there waiting with a smile and a cooled-off vehicle. It was everything we wanted and so much more thanks to Alex's meticulous planning and attention to detail. We actually felt like old friends by the end of the day! This truly is the only way to see the wonders of Portugal.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Unique Insider's Guide to Lisbon”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 days in Lisbon in early September, and we were lucky to have as our guide Alex of Top Ten Tours. Alex took us for a 1/2 day tour of Lisbon and Belem, and then a full day trip to Sintra and Cascais (and a bit of Belem that we had missed). He was a wonderful guide, with great stories and insights. His English was perfect and he helped us navigate our way around the city, recommending sights for us to see on our own as well as providing us with the history and backstories on those places he showed us. I would highly recommend Top Ten Tours - arranging our tour was easy due to Maria's professionalism and responsiveness. We don't always do private tours when traveling, but this one was among the best, and I would recommend using Top Ten Tours (and Alex in particular) to get the most out of Lisbon in a short period of time.

3 Thank Jill C
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After 10 years of planning, I finally did it. My mom 76, my two kids 19 and 21 and I were heading to Lisbon. Problem was, how was I going to keep both generations happy with whatever we were doing. Regular bus tours weren't an option because my mom wasn't mobile enough for that, so I started researching private tour companies. Top Ten Tours came highly recommended on Trip Advisor so I dropped them a line.
Right from the helpful email responses with Maria to our outstanding tour guide Alex. We booked 2 full day tours and my family wasn't disappointed in the least. Maria was so helpful in some of my other planning stages and Alex was the perfect combination of professional/informative/and fun for all. His knowledge in all the areas he took us were definitely a highlight of our trip. This company goes far beyond the norm to ensure you're having the best time possible when visiting their country which they are obviously so proud of.
10+ recommendation for Top Ten Tours!!

Visited August 2013