TripAdvisor
Lisbon
Post
Inbox
Search

“Really good neighbourhood bar”
Review of Cockpit Bar

Cockpit Bar
Order Online
Ranked #807 of 5,667 Restaurants in Lisbon
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I only had a couple of drinks at The Cockpit so can't really comment on the food.

It first turned up on the Saturday night and being a relatively small place it was heaving. Whilst approaching it was easy to hear the chattering and giggling of those who were in the bar.

I returned on the Monday evening and was shown to a table. The efficient and very friendly waitress was across in no time at all with an extensive menu. They even have a Gin menu all of its own. I had been to the Sporting match so ordered a beer to slake my thirst, I also had a Bombay Sapphire chaser. I like gin but I am quite traditional in my tastes so I just choose a regular gin and regular tonic.

Being a solo traveller I enjoyed my drinks whilst tapping away on my phone. For getting later on AMonday night there was a good trade which made for a great atmosphere.

This is a great bar in the Arrerio . Campo Pequeno area. There are also other good places very local to The Cockpit.

This place is well worth a visit, just get there in good time especially at weekends.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (96)

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Always my Last meal in Europe. Goob burgers and chips. A must at Lisbon airport. Excellent beer. Cool place to reload.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

The place is small cosy and different to anything I ever experienced.I have to say this place is amazing. The staff are so helpful and friendly. The Gins are amazing, all staff could not do enough for us. It’s a must go in Lisbon if you like Gin. The lovely bar man Noah was amazing explaining all the Gins and the best way to drink them. We will be going back just to go to the bar. Thanks very much to all the staff for amazing experience. It was one of our highlights in Lisbon, will be remembered for a long time.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Located in the quiet residential neighborhood the Cockpit bar is a perfect place for a late snack and a Good Gin. Inside there´s a nice room, filled with knickknacks and memorabilia resembling a old stylish English Pub. Outside there´s some tables protected from the wind and rain. The manager and staff are very friendly and helpful with the menu choices and all. They have a very extensive Gin Menus with some nice exquisite Gin and mixers (and that´s the main attraction of the Bar). Some snack an Tapas go along with drink, (special highlight for the octopus with chouriço and filled eggs). All with affordable prices.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Pedro M
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Great spot to relax and meet with friends in the end of the day. And if you get hungry...don't hesitate...eat to! Snacks are great too!

Date of visit: July 2017