“locally sourced food!”
Review of Descobre

Descobre
Reserve with
Descobre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 4,146 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Belem
Melbourne, Australia
“locally sourced food!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

You can tell there is a lot of passion and care that goes into sourcing the food and wine that ends up at your table.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
“Good, but...”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

There were lots of things I liked about this place, but also things I didn't like. First of all, as soon as you enter they put oil, butter, bread and tapenade on the table. Now I understand that sometimes they charge you for the bread, but when we got the menu and saw the prices it turned out that everything they'd just put on the table costed about €6. They even charge you more than one euro for the oil. We didn't touch it and politely asked her to take everything away again.
Then they didn't have sardinas, telling us it 'wasn't the season', while we've seen nothing but people eating them all over Lisbon! I had tagliatelle with squid which was tasty, and my husband said the salmon was also good. Be aware that the side dish of french fries is actually crisps!

My guess is that the waitresses were mother and daughter. We had to ask the daughter for the bill twice before she brought it. I don't think I would come back here.

• Visited March 2013
“Good meal perfect wine”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

It's a good place, the owner knows a lot about wines, history and the meal it's awesome... A special place for a good trip. It's cheaper than the other restaurants of the area.

“A must for People visiting Belem. ”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

One of the most original food/menu in Lisbon. Good prices, fast service, excellent food, Multilingual waiters. Pretty local women. ;D savoir vivre respecting restaurant. Just awsome. Its a must be.
PS. Check out duck with apples and raisons. Best salad ive ever eaten.

London
“A hidden gem...”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Tripadvisor for helping us find this little gem. It's tucked away and looks a little like a shop in passing because they sell wine, olive oil etc.

The food and service are excellent and at an affordable price. I can highly recommend the dark chocolate mousse, it's absolutely delicious!

We ate early (6pm) and were the only customers at the time so I cannot comment on atmosphere but the staff are very friendly so I have no doubts.