“Perfect shows and friendly service in cute shop”
Review of Sapataria do Carmo

Sapataria do Carmo
Ranked #16 of 176 Shopping in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Sapataria do Carmo", founded in 1904, is one of the oldest, smallest and charismatic shoes shops in the center of Lisbon. This shop is dedicated exclusively in selling handmade shoes, made by the best craftsmen from the Portuguese footwear industry. The 240 old fashion numbered shoe boxes, displayed on the walls, show the unique decor of the 50s. Here, you wiil find a modern range of models that are of a supreme quality and make you tiptoe in the excitement of trying them on!
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect shows and friendly service in cute shop”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

When looking for hand made leather shoes from Portugal, then this Little shop is a perfect choice. Located on a nice square reachable by foot or by the traditional old Elevator, the shop is a gem even when no need for shoes at the moment. I'm very happy with my new pair of black business shoes indeed, fit perfectly, great touch & feel and mainly very friendly staff helped me to choose the right product.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Gunnar H

Alcochete, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Small shop, wonderful shoes”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is your shop if you are looking for the best quality shoes, all hand made, with the must friendly service. The small space does not live up to the greatness and quality of care. Its a centennial store with vintage shoe boxes on the shelfs and great taste in decoration. Bought shoes for me and boots for my wife and we are delighted! This shop is our point of reference from now on when buying shoes!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank PedroTeix
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you love shoes, do not miss this place in Lisbon”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stumble upon it and was nothing less but blown away by beautiful shoes and the friendliest service. I was thinking about purchasing shoes for my boyfriend but was afraid the size would not fit, however the sales attendant said I could just send them back and receive a full return. Bought the shoes and the fit like a glove.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Agnieszka S
Bucharest, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very chic!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Beautiful little shop, lovely restored in the building old spirit. Everything fits perfectly inside as part of the same story. Do not miss it! You will find there a chic cozy space, very nice people and looooovely shoes, ladies!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ClaudiaGrig
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A wonderful place to find that special shoes you always wanted!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I purchased two beautiful handmade shoes form Joao. While my husband was trying on some shoes, I was walking around the store when I noticed some beautiful brown boots. I asked if he had the same boots in black. He did not, but offered to have it made and shipped to California. He told me to keep them if I liked them with an option to return. After a few weeks, I received the beautiful black boots and they fit like gloves!!

The store carries handmade shoes made all in Portugal at reasonable prices. Joao was knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating. He went beyond what is expected of sales person when he offered to have the boots made for me. I highly recommend the store.

Visited June 2013