“The Most Amazing Part of Our Trip!”

Lisbon Secrets - Guided Tours
Ranked #69 of 489 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a team of dynamic guides, committed to offering a personal and authentic experience to our visitors.Having an university degree on touristic information has allowed us to work throughout the country and even around Europe, in cooperation with several touristic operators. During that period, we’ve had contact with people from all around the world and we’ve realized how important it is to provide a personalized and qualified service to our customers.Nothing could give us more pleasure than sharing with our tourists, the thousand years old traditions, the knowledge and the powerful spirit of Portuguese people. Besides, the explosion of flavours in our food and wines is a must.We love our country and we want to share that passion with YOU!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Most Amazing Part of Our Trip!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I, along with our two teens, spent 8 days in Lisbon over the Holidays. Our first three days were spent with Angela. We visited the sights of Lisbon and the surrounding areas of Sintra, Cascais, Nazaré, Obidos and more. At every stop we tasted local pastries or wines and learned so much about each place. It was the best decision we've ever made. Angela is incredible, super nice and very knowledgable. There is no way you can learn the things we did from a book or tape. The amount of history and detail she covered was insurmountable. She knew the how, when and why's of everything. She even helped me out with my Portuguese and somehow stopped the rain and made the sun come out every time we stepped out of the vehicle! Bom dia Angela! Tudo bem? Having such an incredible experience with Lisbon Secrets, we scheduled a fourth tour later in our trip. Angela was not available so we took our last tour with Gloria. Once again, we received a fabulous tour guide who was kind, enthusiastic and incredibly knowledgeable. Gloria took us to Evora, a tile factory and a cheese and wine tasting. Gloria and Angela made history come alive right before our eyes. They are absolutely the best tour guides I have ever had. I was not ready to leave Lisboa. I want to go back and see more and I want Lisbon Secrets to take me there.

2 Thank Leslie R
LisbonSecrets-Tours, Gerente at Lisbon Secrets - Guided Tours, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Hi Leslie!! Thank you so much for your kind words. I will always remember you and your family and the time that we spent together. I had so much fun with you all! If you ever come back to Lisbon, please let us know. Angela

Seisdon, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had just a couple of days in Lisbon. Pedro was super, professional, knowledgeable, patient, and great company. Definitely recommend.

1 Thank Roger C
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Made our trip to Lisbon so much better!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I just got back on a 7 day trip to Lisbon. We arrived in Lisbon the day after Christmas and left on January 2. We visited Lisbon and the surrounding area with Gloria (2 days) and Pedro (2 days). Gloria planned an excellent itinerary with a half day tour of Lisbon, and then 3 full days visiting Fatima, Batalha, Nazare, Obidos, the Alintejo region, Cascais, Estoril, Sintra, Mafra, Evora, and Monseras. With so many places to visit, we never felt rushed and they provided incredible information everywhere we went. They also arranged for us to visit two incredible wineries, Quinta da Santa Ana, and Cartuxa with private tours and wine tastings. I wouldn't think about visiting Portugal again without calling Gloria and Pedro first!

2 Thank Paolo N
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of Lisbon”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I travelled recently with my adult daughter to Lisbon for a week. I decided to have a private guide for a half day. Our guide, Gloria made our trip. We ended up spending a full day with her and travelled to Cascais and Sintra. Our day with Gloria was definitely the highlight of our trip and we recommend her so highly! We had a great day full of fun, stories, enlightenment and pastries! I can't recommend her enough, a true delight!

1 Thank Randi A
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Magnificent Day Trips”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

While in Portugal, we arranged for two full day trips outside Lisbon – Sintra, Cabo da Roca, Cascais & Estoril and Obidos, Nazare, Batalha & Fatima The sights alone were spectacular, but our guides (Angela and Sylvia) made them truly memorable. Both spoke excellent English and shared their extensive knowledge of both historical and current events through very relaxed, interesting and engaging dialogues. Our group included an 80 yr old and their patience and assistance with her were very much appreciated – never feeling rushed or an imposition. At the end of the day, we felt that they enjoyed our time together as much as we did. Given an opportunity to revisit Lisbon, we would definitely arrange for other tours with these wonderful guides.

Visited October 2013
Hi Jay

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. You are right, it was an absolute delight to be with you and show you the city and its surroundings. Thank you. Angela