“Excelent! Very friendly staff :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hall Chiado

Hall Chiado
Ranked #37 of 231 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Santa Ursula, Spain
“Excelent! Very friendly staff :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Right in the middle of the city with connections to public transport, including the airport shuttle, only 3 minutes away.
Housed in an old but newly renovated building its hard to spot on a quick glance, no big neon sign.
The interior and the rooms are super clean, quiet and with modern facilities.
Although it doesn't have a "regular" reception desk, from morning to late night one can get information and friendly advice from the staff in the office at the ground floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marta G, Owner at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
You are right. The sign of Hall Chiado on the building is discrete and may be difficult to detect from the street, especially at night. As Chiado is a historic area, the city hall imposes a lot of restrictions at the facade level. Our small little sign is all we were allowed to do. Perhaps we can improve the location instructions, since a restaurant opened right next door, Charcutaria, and a new barber shop is going to open soon on the other side of our door.
Marta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very central location. Extremely kind Marta will tell you all you need to know about Lisbon, including where to eat. Stylish rooms with cooking facilities. Family suite was great for us. No noise at night, although a little in the day from behind but nothing to overly worry about. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marta G, Owner at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comment!
Me, Leonor and Sonia are always happy to recommend places to visit or restaurants. It is of course a bit based on our personal preferences.... I am so glad you enjoyed my suggestions! And for sure, there are a lot of great eating options at walking distance, in Chiado, Bairro Alto and Principe Real.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here with my sister for a weekend getaway and was greatly pleased. The hotel has great location, it is near all the great shops, near the tram, 10 min walk from the airport shuttle, 10 min from the metro station and walking distance from the lively night life.
The room was big, confortable, simple but modern decoration with little details which makes you feel welcomed.
Both of the owners where really happy to share some tips on where to eat and how to get there.
Overall, the hotel is the perfect mix for the independent traveler who is looking for a authentic experience of Lisbon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BruMex29
Marta G, Owner at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment! It made our day!!
We really enjoy to talk to the guests that come to the office. Our tips are perhaps a bit guided by our personal preferences... I am so glad we were helpful.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night as we were passing through Lisbon. We stayed in one of the family suites, which was much bigger than we needed but was all they had left at the time we booked. Still the price was less than many double rooms at nearby hotels.

The room was very clean and had been renovated in the not too distant past. The bathroom was enormous, clean and modern. There was also a small kitchenette in the room, although we didn't use that.

It was generally quiet, although there was some loud machinery operating in the building at about 8AM (I have no idea what it was or if it's a regular occurrence). The location is awesome, in walking distance to many restaurants, shopping and the shore.

This is not a "hotel" so don't expect a front desk, concierge, etc. They give you a key code to access your room and you can come and go as you please. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marta G, Proprietário at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
I apologize for the noise that disturbed you so early in the morning. That is of course not nice at all. I have no idea what may have originated that noise, it hasn't happened before and there is no construction going on in the building at the moment, not even in the neighbour buildings.
I am glad that your experience with us was good in general and would love to be able to surprise you in a positive way, if you come back one day. Please let me know.
Leonor
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed one night at Hall Chiado to explore Lisbon for one day and I was SUPER pleased! Took the metro from the airport (super cheap & easy) and walked about 10 minutes and found the place. Coded into the building and found my room - nice size for one person. I'm sure there are smaller rooms as well as larger suites. My room was clean, modern and opened to the main street. I didn't have an issue w/ street noise since it was December and the windows were closed. Modern bathroom was excellent and the heater in the room works TOO well as I had to turn it down in the middle of the night. Most importantly, I was near EVERYTHING! The water front, pubs, Old Tram rides, the Metro and shopping in and around Baixa. Can't miss!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Marta G, Owner at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comment.
Lisbon is in fact very convenient for a short break, as the airport is very close to the center. The subway is of course a good option but there are also shuttles for 3€ that take you directly to the square next to Hall Chiado. Even a taxi is quite cheap, not more than 15€ and 20m ride. Very different from other cities as London or Paris...
We'll make sure to check the air conditioning, too much heat becomes uncomfortable of course.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at Hall Chiado for 3 nights in Oct 2013- Marta was there to greet us and was superb & spot-on in giving us instructions on what to do, see and what to eat in Lisbon. There were also recommendations posted up in the hallway and they were excellent.
Hall Chiado has a great location due to its proximity to good food, shopping, transport (near the train station and tram 28 stop) and of course to areas of interests for tourists. Our room was large, bed was comfy and the bathroom was also well planned. It is important to note that this accommodation is more like an apartment and not a hotel. Breakfast was not included but this suited us well as we enjoyed lovely breakfasts nearby.
We would definitely stay here again if/ when we return.
4/5

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marta G, Proprietário at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am really happy that Hall Chiado didn't fail in such an important moment for you! Please continue having yearly "honeymoons" in Lisbon or other beautiful and romantic cities.
When giving recommendations, I always try to understand the profile of the guest and fit with the right suggestions but I end up talking about my favorite places most of the time... I am glad it worked for you.
You know, we like to call Hall Chiado a guest house, rather than hotel or apartment. We don't have the standard reception and the hassle of checkin/out, also we don't have breakfast, but we do have all the other services and comfort of a regular hotel, including daily cleaning and towel change, if requested. Plus the personal recommendations, which we are happy to provide!
All the best,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed with our two small kids and unit 8 was fantastic! The 2 bedrooms were the perfect size, VERY clean and an excellent value. The staff was nice and accommodating and the location is central to everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julesdole
Marta G, Proprietário at Hall Chiado, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Believe me I know the challenge of travelling with kids... Either you book two rooms in a hotel, which tends to get expensive or you find an apartment, which can be a good solution but sometimes is a bit of a hassle. In Hall Chiado I think we found a good way of accommodating families up to 5 with our suites, no big luxury but really functional and not expensive. I am glad it worked for you.
All the best,