“Have waited for this for years- just brilliant!”
Review of Povo

Povo
Reserve with
Povo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #467 of 4,855 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Description: O Povo is a restaurant/bar that revives the concept of the portuguese "tasca" while adapting it to the urban context of the city. The simplicity of the portuguese traditional food is combined with a variety of cultural activities based on the word, such as Fado and Poetry sessions.
Reviewed March 6, 2017

I have wanted to hear Fado live for so many years and am pleased I chose to do so in this delightful restaurant.

The Fado singer- on the evening we went it was Nádia Leirião- was just amazing, as were the musicians that accompanied her. It was so clear that they loved performing and they had such passion (and such talent) for their craft. I bumped into Nádia afterwards and thanked her- she was gracious and kind.

The restaurant had just reopened after a refurb and was looking really smart.

Plus the food was just excellent- I chose some simple things- caldo verde, a grilled sausage and a delicious sandwich and all were of the highest quality. Washed down with a tasty Sagres dark beer.

I also loved it that my money was going to support up and coming Fado stars (they can get residencies here).

If you are in Lisbon try to book!

2  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed February 27, 2017

Small and intimate. English speaking staff. The owner cares about his cliental. Decent enough eats and not too expensive.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere is really good, it's awesome that this place is a 'training ground' for upcoming talent. Cocktails and drankjes zijn lekker, het eten is niet speciaal, daar mag wat meer liefde in.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

A lovely night out to enjoy great Fado and brilliant food. Good service and price - recommend for your trip to Lisbon.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

My wife, our adult daughter and I dined here our first night in town. Our waiter, Andre, spoke excellent English and made great suggestions of what to order. We had the grilled shrimp, octopus skewer, mushroom tart (my favorite) and veal medallions. Chocolate cake for dessert was delicious (boy I wish we hadn't ordered it). The dollar is strong so the meal was great value. It is located in a happening area of town (Pink Street) with other bars/restaurants nearby.