Spain and Portugal Vacations
Review Highlights
perfectly organized and fun trip to Spain

Greg and Jennifer set up a trip for us. Knowing very little about Spain we let them do everything... read more

Reviewed January 31, 2019
Michael L
A Fascinating Personalized VIsit to a Beautifull Portugal

Our tour was characterized by a combination of the coastal cities and interior world of wine... read more

Reviewed December 21, 2018
baywoo2016
Manitou Springs, Colorado

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I spent a wonderful day with Greg visiting four lighthouses in the Lisbon area. Photographing the last one in the rain with Greg holding the umbrella was a very special experience. He had never done a lighthouse tour before, but created this one especially for me. He may be doing more lighthouse tours in the future. He also arranged for me do a similar tour in the Porto area with Fernando of Quality Tours,This was another exceptional day!

Date of experience: March 2014
2  Thank OhKaye13
Reviewed October 14, 2013

By the time we hooked up with Greg's travel agency, we already had the rest of our time in Portugal planned but wanted to take 2 day trips from Lisbon to see whatever sites we could. He had been recommended by a friend of a friend and then I found all of the positive Trip Advisor reviews, so I felt Greg and Discover Portugal would be a good choice. He did not disappoint. Greg was very responsive to our requests and eager to accommodate our wishes. We probably tried to squeeze too much in, as is my nature, but it still felt doable and we saw an amazing amount of sites during our two days. On day 1 we went to Fatima, Batalha, Alcobaca, Nazare, São Martinho do Porto and Obidos. Fatima...beyond incredible and then all of the history and beauty in the sites that followed. Day 2 we went to Sintra, Azenha do Mar, Cabo do Rocha, and Cascais. We had also planned to visit Estoril but after sightseeing through rain for two days and having been on vacation for 16 days by then, we were fairly worn out and took a pass on that city. We loved Greg's easy nature and his encyclopedic knowledge of his adopted country. Having a private tour with a guide was a lovely luxury. We got to discuss various issues about his adopted country which was enlightening. We had a nice lunch on the second day in a funky restaurant in an old windmill with beautiful views of the coastline, Restaurante Moinho Dom Quixote. There were the best burgers we could have hoped for after 16 days of fancy foods, great chips, salsa, guacamole and margaritas, some wandering friendly cats and a nice waitstaff. Our driver, Eduardo (I believe), who was simply excellent...always magically slowing down when he sensed you were taking a picture, joined us for lunch. It all felt pretty perfect. The coastline of Portugal is the most beautiful stretch of coastline we've ever viewed in our many travels. Our visit to Portugal was perfectly lovely but it might have been nice to have just let Greg plan our entire 5 days, had we known then what we know now. If you are visiting Portugal, I encourage you to check Greg and his travel agency out. I'm sure he would plan a vacation to meet all of your wishes and then some.

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank skm4444
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I spent 3 wonderful days in Lisbon with Greg as my personal tour guide. We saw all the major sights and several minor ones that were astonishing, especially the small baroque chapel attached to the tile museum. At one restaurant where Greg was a regular, the owner brought out the fresh catch of the day and I selected a scrumptious bass(?). Well, whatever it was, it was one fantastic meal. I never felt rushed or harried. We moved at a leisurely pace, using public transport, which was my choice. You get to see so much more of the city that way. Greg made my trip to Lisbon a huge success. Lisbon still sings in my memory.

Date of experience: November 2012
1  Thank merrill88
Greg E, General Manager at Spain and Portugal Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Merrill, It was a pleasure showing you Lisbon during your visit. The baroque chapel at the National Museum of Tiles (Madre Deus Church) is indeed very beautiful and you are correct - it was bass you enjoyed during lunch. Thank you for taking time to write your review and I look forward to showing you even more of Portugal on your next visit!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were three generations from 70 years of age to 2 years. We enjoyed a luxurious and comfortable resort hotel, touring historic cities and castles, and enjoyed local food. Greg took us to a locally popular seafood restaurant on the ocean edge, it's tin roof and interior reminding me of a southern fish camp in the US. We selected our own fish from the tank which was then baked in a bed of salt. Wonderful!! And we were fortunate to enjoy a traditional Fado Dinner. My son-in-law played golf at a beautiful course in the company of the resort manager. When the rest of my family returned to the US, Greg had arranged, for me, a really interesting boutique hotel within the walls of a historic castle that looks down on Lisbon. That made walking and short bus rides very easy within the city.

I highly recommend Discover Portugal for anyone wishing to enjoy Portugal with ease and comfort along with warm and friendly services. .

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank SESimmons

Dear Stacy, I truly enjoyed the opportunity in showing you and your family Portugal and remember well the restaurant with the fish cooked in salt; right across the street where you stayed in Cascais. Thank you for taking time to write this review; it makes what we do in providing a private travel service so rewarding to know that your enjoyed your time in Portugal and have such fond memories of what a wonderful country Portugal truly is. Warm regards, Gregory

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have had the pleasure of working with Greg many times over the last decade, and I have always found him to care very deeply about the needs and desires of each of his clients. Instead of a cookie-cutter approach to his business, he employs an highly individual approach, and he works very hard at realizing it. Much of his work goes unseen by his clients, especially the research. His easy going character belies the many hours of preparation that goes into creating the kind of experience that is amazingly suited to each client. Unlike most tour operators, he is willing to change his plans as a client need or desire arises during the trip. This in itself is very unusual. I can't recommend his services more highly.

Date of experience: March 2013