“Amazing Dining Experience for a Reasonable Price”
Review of AVENUE - CLOSED

AVENUE
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Portuguese, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant located at the most glamourous Lisbon Avenue, Avenida da Liberdade. Aside with Sofitel Hotel and Hugo Boss store. Contemporary portuguese cuisine, in modern and elegant decor, displaying a at site wine cellar, where the wine coul be selected to match with your meal, or simply appreciated at the bar.
Foster City, California
“Amazing Dining Experience for a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went there on a Tuesday night with my parents (who are from France). The place opens at 19:30. We were the first customers. First, the service as amazing. Professional, friendly, smiling, very high end without being intimidating--and our waitress was very cute too. The place is very nicely set up. Modern yet with a touch of class and tradition. Great view of the Avenue if you get a window seat. We went with the tasting menu which is a total bargain and an amazing experience. It started with a delicious "amuse bouche", appetizer, a fish dish and a meat dish, a "trou normand" (ice cream served between the fish and the meat to clear your palate and stomach). And desert. All dishes were fabulous, original in flavor and presentation, all with a heavy touch of Portuguese flavor. All dishes came from the main menu with smaller--yet sizable portion. The meal including a great French bubbling wine. We ordered a bottle of white Portuguese wine which I let the sommelier/waiter chose for us. It was perfect and very very reasonably price ($15 or so). You can trust the waiter will not take advantage of you.
My parents were thrilled by the quality of the whole experience which was equivalent or better to that of to a top restaurant in NYC. The killer was how reasonably priced the whole thing was. I cannot even imagine how they make money on this. It would easily cost twice or 3 times that in NYC. Try that tasting menu, you will not regret it!
Congratulations to the team at Avenue. You guys rock.

• Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
denver, colorado
“Wow”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Avenue is one of the best places we have ever been to anywhere. Truly gourmet food served beautifully by well trained staff. The menu is varied with something for everyone. The dishes looked gorgeous and were lick- your- plate delicious. And the prices were very reasonable. Avenue surpassed all our expectations.
Tell Pedro we said hello

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Portuguese Dining Experience”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We had the chef/taster menu and each course was delicious. The portions were generous and we were pleasantly full by the end of the 7 courses. It is a great way to experience all types of Portuguese food in one meal. We will definitely recommend it.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Carina D
Bowie, Maryland
“Superb food, expert service”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Like other reviewers here, I was drawn to this fine restaurant by its close proximity to the Sofitel Hotel, where I was staying. The restaurant itself has a clean, modernistic, almost stark design, with a commanding view of the majestic Avenida de Liberadade. When I arrived on a Friday night there weren't many diners present and I was immediately seated even though I had not made a reservation. While my entrada and prata principal selections were being prepared, I was offered not only the customary bread basket but two small complimentary plates as well. A nice touch that I wish other establishments of this price category would emulate. I asked the waiter to select appropriate wines to accompany my cod tempora and sirloin steak selections, and both were winners, a nice crisp white wine from the Duora Valley, and uncharacteristically, a red from the Alentejo, a region most noted for it's whites. The sirloin in red wine reduction was superb, as tender as a filet mignon cut. This restaurant is not for everyone, it is both more expensive and more on the foodie side than most restaurants in this area. But I found the overall dining experience at a level far removed from the usual tourist traps in this part of Lisbon and highly recommend to anyone who appreciates fine dining.

Visited September 2013
London
“Great food, great view”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

With a window table one can look out over the Avenida and enjoy a very good and fairly priced tasting menu that was trully excellent. One bad moment when the wine waiter tried to convince us that a more expensive bottle of white wine that had oxidised was simply too warm was swifty resolved by a fresh bottle. Very good evening at a medium price.