“Awesome - the pizza is great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Green Room - CLOSED

The Green Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Description: Vegetarian, vegan friendly but also serving some organic meat dishes. Its on the happy cow website.
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome — the pizza is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

A new experience for me as I'm definitely a meat eater. I somehow ordered a vegan pizza and was thoroughly surprised by the variety of delicacies that covered it.

The salade was very tasty with lots of fresh ingredients and the guacamole was delicious fresh and clearly made by the restaurant as it complmented the meal perfectly.

In my opinion the green room have responded to the previous Dutch review by bringing their game to a new level. If you want dull pizza covered with bland ingredients Holland is definitely the place to visit but for inspired tapas and healthy food include the green room on you're visit.

1 Thank Kieran73

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great place to add to veggies list! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed fantastic fresh, home made veggie food here (sure the meat options would have been just as good). The local wine was great too. Tucked away but still really close to main area so well worth seeking out.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We chose this restaurant because of the good reviews on tripadvisor. So far this has always lead me to really good and interesting places, but unfortunately not this time.

The first impression was good. The interior looked very nice (check out the floor in the toilets!) and the staff was friendly.

But once the food arrived it all went downhill. First of all, about a third of the tapas selection was not available that day. And ofcourse they were the choices that looked most appaeling to us. We decided to start with a selection of dips (hummus, guacamole and baked camenbert). The hummus and camenbert were allright, just not anything special. The guacamole was definitely not fresh and looked supsiciously like the one from a jar you can buy in the supermarket. It had that weird slimy texture.

We then ordered a vegan pizza to share. That's when things got even worse. When I order a pizza, I expect a pizza to fill my plate. Here about 1/3 was filled with a uninspiring salad, 1/3 was filled with dry rice with some tiny flakes of vegetables and 1/3 was a sort of slab of bread, topped with some vegetables. The bread had gone soggy with the juices from the vegetables and on top of it all it was still cold in the middle. It was terrible! I don't really understand why they would sell this as pizza, and then it was badly done aswell.
We've asked for the pizza to be removed from our bill, which is a thing I've never done before. They were polite about it, but service definitely got less friendly afterwards.

I'm really confused as to why this place got such good reviews. We didn't try any other vegetarian dishes on our trip, so maybe for vegetarian food in Lisbon this has a very high standard? For the sake of all vegetarian lisbonners and travellers, I surely hope not!

• Visited February 2014
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

having just returned from a break in lisbon I feel I have to share the secret of the green room with other travellers!! It is a little gem of a restaurant ... Friendly staff..gorgeous food..great location..and very reasonably priced! A feeling of home from home if you are irish as one of the owners is from Dublin and knows the importance of a good cup of tea!! I will definitely be returning to this cosy little corner...do not be put off by the facade as a new frontage is imminent and then this little jewel will shimmer in the sun!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marianne M
B'ham, UK
“Needle in a haystack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Heard a lot about this place and to have read so many comments about such a great vegetarian/vegan menu (they also serve meat dishes) in the centre of a city that thrives on steaks and hamburgers, I was intrigued to put the it to the taste test.

It passed - the garlic mushrooms from the tapas menu are absolutely fantastic, so is the red wine and onion infused chorizo. For mains I had the signature vegetarian pizza with a cous cous salad and my partner had the vegetarian hamburger with the same.

This establishment is clean, atmospheric but best of all the good is great and prices are very reasonable. The head chef here is English so no problems with communication, the only problem being so much choice on the menu.

Definitely would return here if our travels bring us to Lisbon.