“Nice staff food the worst I ever tasted”

SANA Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #121 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Average hotel but the staff were lovely. Same buffet food for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. NOT nice. Everything looked nice but the taste was awful. would never ever want to eat there again...YUK!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My room was reserved by colleagues for what became my first stay here. Despite arriving extremely late at night/early in the morning, my reservation had been honored and the staff couldn't have been more generous or concretely helpful. My room was huge, with a view to the north, on the 12th floor, a clean, non-smoking room. The breakfast boasted the best of local portuguese food, including lots of fresh fruit, breads, meats, and cheeses, and at every step where I needed help (directions, internet, stowing my bag at the end) the staff were just excellent. I would say the only drawback of the hotel is that it is located on a busy highway, and that it takes some time to get to neighborhoods of greater interest for walking, sightseeing, and the like. And the rooms are expensive. I wouldn't have stayed here had it not been for the fact the bill was paid by colleagues, at their insistence. I could walk, though, to my work at the Universidade do Lisboa, which was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jamesday
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a very good hotel but lacks the location near the center of the city.
Rooms are spacious and with a modern look.
You can always get a taxi to the center for 6 or 7 euros.
The Zoo is not far and there you can also find buses and Metro.
For the price this is a good option on a great Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina_Hugo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The only knock on this hotel could be that it is not in the middle of downtown Lisbon and buses and undergrounds are a couple of blocks away. But, a taxi in LIsbon is relatively cheap -- about $7 or less just about anywhere. Airport is only $12 or so. The hotel itself is fairly new and modern. Very clean and comfortable with typical 4 star qualities. Breakfast was included and outstanding full buffet. The hotel staff was particularly helpful and kind in fluent English.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Location wasn't the best, however service, cleaniless, friendly staff was awesome! Will stay again, good value for your buck. Will recommend to friends and family. Vou recommendar este hotel aos meus amigos.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed recently in this hotel in Lisbon. The last time I stayed in the Tivoli Hotel at the Avenida da Liberdade and that was a very good hotel on a top location. I would have wanted to go back there, but someone arranged this hotel for me. I had a suite on the 11th floor and every 3 minutes I heard the snoring of a plane passing the hotel. Some of them were really close by - it is a landing route for planes and close to the airport. I opened a window to get some fresh air in my room but it became very, very noisy by the trafic and all the planes (even in the middle of the night around 4 am) and I decided to close the window again.
The suite was good and the room service was very efficient, however I will never forgive them that they served me old bread for breakfast in the weekend in my room!
The hotel has 12 floors, but the lobby wasn't as big as one would expect from a hotel like this.
I only had a reasonable view because I was on the 11th floor - the hotel was situated in a poor area, not very close to all the nice places that Lisbon has to offer (except of the Gulbenkian Museum and the warehouse El Corte Ingles (still you need a taxi)...
When I saw the prices of the rooms I thought they were highly overrated for the quality.
Don't get me wrong, everything had been taken care for and it wasn't uncomfortable, my suite was nice and it was clean, but the rest of the hotel was not very special...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel was great but it was such a pity there were no leisure facilities, such as a pool, gym etc. I was based here for three days when my husband was attending a conference here. Directly behind the hotel is the university hospital and behind that is a small park with a cafe. I walked here a couple of days for my 50cent coffee, very nice to sit here in the sun. We walked from the hotel all the way down to the water front on one day which was a lovely walk through a couple of big parks and the main streets of the city but you can also get a taxi down for 5 euro or use the very efficent metro.
I have to also mention a lovely lady called Emanuela Pinto who works in the hotel, she had very little english but was so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the front as it is noisey with the main road behind the hotel