“A real 5 stars hotel at a reasonable price”
Review of Hotel Real Palacio

Hotel Real Palacio
Ranked #84 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Sydney, Australia
“A real 5 stars hotel at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I enjoyed staying in this hotel for 1 week in July 2010. Everything worked well. The staff was generally courteous and helpful especially the front desk staff and the room attendants. If I have to find fault, the breakfast staff probably need to smile a little bit more - almost all of them looked aloof and long faced throughout my stay. I used the gym once and found it to be well equipped. My room was quiet. I didn't eat in the restaurants except breakfast. I arrived at midnight and had to order room service. Because of the 24 euro which I paid for a sandwich - a very high price for a sandwich anywhere - I had decided to eat out for the rest of my stay. There was a Chinese restaurant one street away that charged 7.50 euro for a good spread of buffet lunch and dinner. Next door to the restaurant was a gourmet hamburger bar that also served other western dishes at very reasonable price. There was also a shopping complex with a supermarket close by.

Location wise, the hotel was close to 2 Metro underground stations, and was handy to anywhere.

I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank engam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Real Palacio is a 5 Star Hotel is Lisbon - and was worth every Euro. Great rooms, kept very clean. Air conditioning works well, excellent water pressure, great location - right near the Parque Station for the Metro - which in turn will take you to the Baixa area in about 5 minutes. Of particular note is the excellent service provided by the front desk staff. They were willing to take the time and show us good locations with a map, describe in perfect detail how to get there and what to see. In particular we were advised to go to a particular restaurant in Belem which was just incredible - Pasteis de Belem. All spoke excellent English. Breakfast included the standard American style buffet and European style breakfast - all very good. Internet service was very fast and always available at their business center (no extra charge). In summation I would go back here in a second.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Hotel is located about 3km from city central (from party center I mean) but 3 metro(=subway) lines, several bus lines inside on 300 mtr radius and Lisbon cheap taxies takes this VERY nice hotel near city center.

Hotel itself is located in quite quiet street and sound isolation is in acceptable level. Rooms are quite large but kond of bit oldish even thoug it did not bother me.. Bathroom was clean & neat and facilities were there after every morning clean up :-) The bed is very hard but I think that has something to do with Portugese culture of beds because I have heard this from other people too...

Breakfast buffet was good: nice variety of normal breakfast foods were there and I think if I would taste everything from buffet I can't eat anything else in that particular day :-) The hotels own bar (not restaurant!!) had one of the best hamburgers in their menu what I have tasted so far (well I was bit hungry but still...)

Service was polite and fast... Chek in and out was done in couple of minutes with no problems. I cannot say anything else about service because I (or we) did not needed reception services while we were there.

Summa summarum: Hotel itself says it's 5-star hotel but I would drop that to 4-stars. There is no 5-star glamour and I have been better 3-star hotels too. Anyway for 4-star hotel this is reasonable priced good hotel with good service and smiling people!

I definetly consider using this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jorch67
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Friendly, clean, efficient hotel located about 5 minutes from Parque station so not so central but a 5 minute metro ride from down town. Handy for the Picoas aerobus stop too.
Helpful staff and tasty buffet breakfast.
I'm not a frequent hotel visitor so I am not sure if this is truly 5 star: didn't feel particularly luxurious and no special facilities. Rather, it is a nice place in a quiet location and absolutely fine for a nice holiday.
I didn't eat dinner lunch or dinner in the hotel, but I do recommend the restaurant "Sessenta" which is just across the street.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have now stayed at the Real Palacio 3 times over the last few yrs. It is an exceptional hotel in terms of service and price. The price includes breakfast and free internet. The staff is wonderful and I will enjoy returning.

The only complaint is the beds. They are excruciatingly hard. Not sure but it may be a Portuguese thing.

Wonderful hotel. Even better price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My friends and I stayed at Real Palacio for 5 nights and I can't say enough about how great the hotel, its staff, and its food (breakfast included in the room price) are. The staff were available to answer all of our questions about things to do in Lisbon at a moment's notice and the rooms were quite nice (we even got turn down service with a chocolate on our bed every night). The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the blue/red line metro station and there is even good shopping closeby the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay there on a future trip to Lisbon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights over Easter Weekend.Booked via Hotels.com @ 110 euro a night. Emailed ahead to hotel to request quiet room on high floor to avoid Street niose and received very nice and very spacious room on top floor with a terrace.Parque Metro station is 5 minutes walk from Hotel. A further 5 to 10 mins will have you in city centre.Trains every couple of minutes.Very easy to reach from Airport,Aero bus or bus 745 stop at end of street. Get off at Picoas Metro station.Would definitelt stay again

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple