“Excellent”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Croatia
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

It's an excellent hotel - very nice and clean rooms, great service and location. It's very well conected with the airport - catch the aeroshutle or aerobus nr.96 and it will get you in front of the hotel (ticket is 3,50 eur and taxi is around 20 eur). Metro and train station is just across the street and it only takes 7-10 minutes to get to the city center. From the train station there is direct connection to the main train station Oriente. If you like to stay far away from the city noise but close enough to all great sights of Lisbon, this is a perfect hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IvanaCroatia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed here as part of a big business meeting, and it worked really well. About 10 mins from airport, not right in the centre of town, a quiet area. Check-in was slightly inefficient, and they didn't really volunteer information, you had to ask. Rooms were average hotel rooms - clean, OK size, standard facitlities. Not really 5 star - maybe 4 star. TV didn't have great reception, but was OK. Internet was expensive. Bathroom was nice, plenty of towels, good water pressure, nice toiletries. In terms of holding a meeting here, the mezzanine bit was well laid out for meeting rooms and coffee breaks, although not enough toilets esp. for ladies. The food was nice, not exceptional, but nice. I had breakfast in my room, and this was delivered right on time, and there was a good selection. Expensive though. Not sure I'd stay here if I was a tourist, but it was a good venue for what we needed. Had I paid the advertised rates myself however, I think I'd have been a bit disappointed, as I didn't really see anything worthy of 5-star.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Outinthemiddaysun
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I recently stayed at the Corinthia in Budapest where I had an amazing hotel experience so I thought that staying at the Corinthia in Lisbon would be similar but I was left wondering if they were even part of the same company.

The interior of the hotel is nice but no different to most 4 star hotels. Our room was our first disappointment of the trip..It was not like the pictures on tripadvisor. I would describe it as being an average 4 star hotel with an average bed in a small room. We were disappointed but thought we would make the best of it.
On our first night, we noticed that our air conditioning was not working and the room got very warm even in late March. We had to open a window because of the heat and as a result we were regularly woken up by airplanes passing quite low above the hotel. I questioned reception about our air conditioning the next morning and they assured me that maintainence would investigate. When we got back to our room that night, it still was not working. I phoned reception at about 1115pm and they said someone would arrive shortly to examine the problem. Noone had arrived by 12 so I phoned reception and asked them to leave it until the following day as we were going to sleep and they agreed. At 1245am there were knocks on our door from a maintenaince which we did not answer. This breakdown in communication was very frustrating but appeared to be typical of the hotel. The next morning, I again asked that someone fix our a/c but again when we got to our room that evening, the problem was unaddressed. We slept badly throughout our stay because of the heat and the noise when we opened the window. I would hate to think what this problem would be like during summertime.

I phoned reception a couple of times with basic questions about their pool and business centre and I found the staff to be both rude and incorrect. I asked if the hotel had jacuzzis and a “yes” was grunted at me so I went to the pool area to be told that there were no jacuzzis. Frustrating! On our last day, I asked for the best way to a well known tourist attraction and that lady at what I think (there was no sign) was a concierge desk gave us the wrong information and we arrived at the incorrect metro stop. This was a reoccuring theme of our stay.

The location of the hotel is also mediocre. It is about 4 subway stops from the main shopping / restaurtant area of the city which is a little unfortunate. The hotel did however provide us with free day passes for public transport which was great and much appreciated. I don’t think the hotel would be suitable for families as you will probably have to get taxis/metros to all of your destinations.

The hotel did not have free wifi and also charged for the use of their business centre computers which was disappointing as all we wanted to do was log on and check in for our outbound flight which took about 2 minutes.

The breakfasts at the hotel were very good with a range of foods from fruits, cerials, meats, waffles, omlettes, salads, teas, (awful) sausages, beans, breads etc. This was probably the highlight of our stay. The pool area was also nice and the hotel has a nice relaxation area with some nice gardens.

Overall, we were disappointed with this hotel. It is incomparable to the Corinthia in Budapest on every level. The saving grace for our trip is that we paid a little under 100 euro per night which we thought would be a great deal but in the end we got what we paid for, mediocrity and poor comuniucation. I would like to single out Ramos who was a gentleman to deal with and very helpful & always had a smile for us. However, on departure, I had to ask myself.. Is this really a 5 star hotel?

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheWexican
London
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed on the Corinthia Lisbon for 4 nights and I can't realty complain, considering the money I payed. But dont get fooled. It is NOT a 5 start hotel.

Positive:
- location: next to the subway and the bus and railway station, nice neightbourhood
- comfortable room
- nice bed (queen size)

Negative:
- The room was small and a bit dated.
- Too hot in the room.
- No hairdryer in the toillet. (It was on the desk and away from the mirror.. Y???)
- Inexperient staff
- The pillow had a hole!
- ALL four glasses in the mini bar had lipstick marks
- Nobody offered to carry my bags when I arrived.
- No information about the spa on the front desk
- Long wait for check out
- At check out the recepcionist didn't say any of those things you expect to listen, like: "I hope you enjoyed yr stay" or "We hope to see you again" or just "THANK YOU". Very rude...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Tommyboy1970
Israel
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Normally I like to stay in a boutique hotel in the center of a city, but the conference my husband attended was at the Corinthia so this is where we stayed. Although a large hotel, it is immaculately maintained and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The real value is getting an online deal for an Executive Room - these rooms are larger with king-size beds; have better views; include bathrobes and twice daily maid service. Best of all is is the Executive Lounge, which provides free Internet (and computers) and food/munchies/drinks until 10pm. A real treat. Extremely relaxing and pleasant.
The very efficient and easy metro is about a 3-minute walk away, so within 20 minutes you're in the center of town.
We had dinner one night in the Tipico Restaurant of the hotel. The food was excellent!
The only disappointment was that the pool (crystal clear and inviting) was about 2 degrees C too cold for me to do laps.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
geneva
Reviewed January 17, 2010

The service is excellent as well as the rooms, very confortable! If you go to Lisbon book a room at this hotel. The location is perfect, near the center, about 2 or 3 stops with the metro (it is about 3 min away from the hotel) and 10 min from the airport.. It's the cheapest 5-star-hotel, I paid 89 euros and I got a junior suite (it was a special summer offer).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2009

At the corporate rate I could get, this was very good value. Neighbourhood is not very interesting, especially not on a Sunday evening, but there are some restaurants, at least.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business