“Excellent except the Internet!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Ranked #42 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Richmond
“Excellent except the Internet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

This hotel was extremely comfortable in every manner. The staff was helpful and the concierge did not tire of my many questions about what to do, where to go and how to get there. He was patient and helpful. The location is excellent. You can take the Bus to the airport or the metro to get right downtown in no time. There are numerous restaurants, a couple of shopping malls and parks in walking distance. The room was exactly as you would expect of a hotel of this standard - comfortable with everything you would need. The morning buffet was probably the best I have ever experienced. The variety, quality and layout of the food was tremendous and delicious. My only beef with this hotel and others in the price range is why the internet is so poor. Reception on the wireless was weak unless you were sitting in the lobby. When you spend this amount of money on a room, I think wireless internet should be available free of cost in all areas of the hotel. Other then this, everything was perfect at this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank detroit_wing
Redias, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments and as always we appreciate constructive feedback.

It is always our goal to provide our guests a memorable stay with us. We are currently working on a wireless internet project that will provide wireless internet in all floors of the hotel. The internet rates will be reviewed in the future. We very happy to learn that everything else was perfect during your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back at the Corinthia Hotel on your next trip to Lisbon.

Roderick Micallef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

We spent three nights at the Corinthia Hotel in August. We traveled with a 6 month old baby. Great service, spacious, nice and clean rooms, good location, great spa, swimming pool and sun deck. Close to the zoo and metro station. Has some nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 10H
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon during your stay in August.

As always we very much appreciate our guests comments and we are very happy that you have found the service great.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Corinthia hotel on your next trip to Lisbon.

Makati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We routed through Lisbon on a pilgrimage to Fatima. It's a shame the hotel was only an overnight stop. They had the best buffet breakfast we had in the whole tour. I had a wonderful steak dinner. It's next to a Metro station with great shops and decent restaurants. They have a very nice garden where I sat on the steps that evening and just watched the world go by. I should have had a glass of porto, but I had to be up early the next day. The bed was good sized and firm, and you could walk barefoot in the room. I recall WiFi was free in the lobby, so I could check email and Skype.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the garden in the back. The front of the hotel has a dreary view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank FilipinoBusinessman
Redias, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon. It’s always very nice to learn that our guests were happy with their stay because our main aim is to provide high levels of experience throughout the hotel. We are proud to read that you found the buffet breakfast the best in the whole tour and that the steak at the restaurant was wonderful.

Sir, once again we thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at the Corinthia upon your future return to Lisbon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Corinthia Hotel Lisboa is a very tall hotel building located about 2 minutes away from the Jardim Zoologico Metro Station.

The easiest way to get to the Hotel from the Airport is to take the AeroBus – Line 3 and the bus stop is located right next to the Hotel. A ticket costs €3.50, which can be bought on board the bus and the ticket is valid for 24 hours on the AeroBus or other Carris public buses. The bus stop is just 2 minutes away from the Hotel’s back entrance (turn left from Hotel’s back entrance). On departure, it is the same bus-stop and you might wish to catch the bus approximately 2 to 2.5 hours before your flight, as the airport is very big. At the airport you can also buy a taxi voucher which is flat fare of nothing less than €20.00 but the queue for a taxi is extremely long.

The view from the top of the Hotel building is spectacular especially if you get a room facing south. On arrival into the hotel, the place is beautiful, spacious, airy and bright. The front desk always seems to be busy. The bell boys do not assist with bags but if you need assistance, they can provide it. There are 4 lifts in the building and you get an electronic key for your room.

The twin room had two single beds, an executive table and chair, one arm chair with a leg rest, a chest of drawers, a large TV, lamps, bed side tables, a stand for your luggage, full length mirror, large cupboards, fridge with a mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe.

The tea and coffee making facilities is great but a bit poor if you like to have several cups of tea and coffee and they only stock it up for one per person so if you are there for a few nights, you might need to ask for extra sachets. The minibar like any hotel is expensive and it is always advised to remove everything and use the fridge for your own storage. The in-room safe is a good place to store some of your personal possessions like your passport and it is quite roomy.

The en-suite bathroom is exceptionally large with a toilet, bidet, two sinks, huge mirror, toiletries, a bathtub with an absolutely amazing shower (or shower head shall I say). There are several towels in there too including face towels, hand towels and bathing towels. You may also find spare bed linen in the cupboard.

The hotel has a heated swimming pool and a sun lounge area as well as a small gym. There is also a massage/therapy suite where treatments are an additional charge.

The hotel has Buffet and Banqueting restaurant called Sete Colinas which serves breakfast in the morning between 07:00 and 10:30. If breakfast is not included in your hotel stay then please, be warned that it will cost €17.00 per person. There is a wide range of breads, cheese, cereals, eggs, juices, fruits etc. Sete Colinas also has an outdoor seated area. The waiters/waitresses go round offering tea and coffee. If you stay at this hotel without inclusive breakfast, there is a place just 2 minutes away where you can get some breakfast for much less than €5.00 per person. This café is called Baloiço Cafeteria which can be found by turning right from the Hotel’s front entrance and walking straight for 2 minutes.

The hotel also has a bar called Tempus Bar that offers lunch, appetisers, cocktails and all other drinks you could want from a bar. In the evening, the Terrace Lounge just outside the bar offers live entertainment from flamenco dancing to piano playing. If you visit the bar in the evening for a drink you can enjoy free nuts to snack on and if it is chilly, you may even get offered a pashmina. You can also smoke sheesha here for free.

The hotel also offers room service although after a certain hour only some items are available 24 hours a day.

There is a very small business centre located in the hotel where you may use the computers and/or printing facilities. If you need to use the Internet, it will cost €5.00 for an hour which you need to purchase from Reception. Please note that there are additional costs for printing.

The metro is just opposite the Hotel and you can buy a travel ticket from a machine that you can regularly top up. In 4 days, with average metro and bus travel, it worked out to less than €10.00 so unless you plan on visiting some of the top paid attractions included in the Lisboa Card, I would not purchase one.

There is a pharmacy located two minutes away from the hotel’s front entrance on the opposite side of the road (turn right from hotel’s entrance) and just past the pharmacy is a small grocery store where you can purchase drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), snacks, cigarettes, fruit etc. If you are a meat lover, you must visit Sabor Mineiro Churrascaria, a Brazilian restaurant, which is located 2 minutes away from the Hotel’s back entrance, right behind the AeroBus bus-stop. There is the Gallerias Twin Towers just across the road from the Hotel which has a several shops, restaurants and a supermarket. Unfortunately during our stay, the supermarket was closed throughout.

If you are checking out of the hotel but have not got a flight until late in the evening then the Hotel can store your bags for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a better view - ask for a top floor. If you are unhappy with your room...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
19 Thank Mizz_Chilli
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers reflecting on your recent visit to the Corinthia Lisbon.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed a very positive experience with us and in particular that the view from the top of the hotel left such a good impression upon you.

Sir, again I thank you for your extensive and detailed feedback. I truly value all guest feedback to allow us to improve on our services. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Corinthia hotel upon your future return to Lisbon.

Hoeleden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

It was my first time in a "Corinthia" hotel but it was amazing
I booked this hotel for 2 nights during christmas. At my arrival I noticed the extreme friendlieness and helpfullness of the staff and I fell immediatly at home. A big surprise was that I got a free upgrade to an Executive room. The room was spacious, very luxurious and extremely clean. Being at the 21st floor, I had an amazing view over Lisbon. Breakfast buffet was delicious with fresh ingredients and the waiter even remembered which coffee I liked for the next mornings. A special Christmas package was included in my reservation with several snacks and meals offered in my room.
Christmas lunch in the main restaurant was also delicious. There was even a live jazz band playing music.
Unfortunately, during one day the swimming pool was closed due maintenance work but the hotel offered a great alternative by giving free access to the spa and wellness area.
I didn't use the gym but it looked like all the equipment was brand new.
The staff was very willing to explain which spots I was able to visit in Lisbon. A metro station and a bus stop are right next to the hotel and public transport is quite cheap. The Zoo is only a few minutes away from the hotel.
The old city centre and the Expo 98 area are also worth visiting.
I found the price of the hotel very competitive, especially when you take the perfect service into account.
Unfortunately I was only able to stay 2 nights in the hotel but I will certainly come back soon or later.
I travel quite a lot but I will not soon forget the high standards of this hotel, and certainly not the amazing staff who works there.

Best regards,

Stijn Van den Eynde
(Belgium)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Stijn V
Redias, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Dear Mr. Stijn Van den Eynde,

Thank you for your time to comment on your recent stay here at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.
We pride ourselves in our very high level of service and we thrilled that you felt the extreme friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Our biggest compliment is to learn that our guests felt like they were at home. We are delighted to understand that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Sir, again, thank you for your kind compliments. Please be assured that your review will be shared with all Corinthia Hotel Lisbon team.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Lisbon.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I recently stayed at the Corinthia Lisbon Hotel and this is my 2nd visit. The Hotel is a beautiful property with great personalised service. To be addressed by your Name by all Personnel is incredible. The attention to detail is awsome and whilst I stayed at the Hotel, I celebrated my birthday and the Hotel Management send me a Birthday Cake and a bottle of champagne with a personalised note from the Hotel General Manager. This is really the WOW factor as I call it. Would definitely recommend this Hotel to all my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank IpekS
Dear Mrs. PGeneux,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and as always we very much appreciated it.
I am delighted that you enjoyed a very positive experience with us and in particular that our attention to detail left such a good impression upon you.

The birthday cake and the champagne is the way Corinthia Hotel Lisbon found to show our guests how important their birthday is. It is a special day for you, so it is a special day for us too. I will be sure to share your kind compliments with our team and managers.

We look forward to welcome you back at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon on a future occasion.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

What a wonderful hotel. Staff could not be more friendly or helpfull from the minute we arrived. As it was my birthday during our stay, which was the reason for travel, I was very suprised to find a birthday cake and bottle of sparkling wine in the room on our return. Restaurant was excellent. The room was very spacious, comfortable and well looked after. Plenty of storage space and well stocked mini-bar. Superb bathroom with complimentary toiletries.
Good location, out of the city, but the metro is only a couple of minutes away providing fast, inexpensive transport into town. The metro ticket machines also have an English option so were very easy to use.
The airport bus stops 2 minutes away at the rear of the hotel and the hop-on hop-off yellus bus has stop number 7 at the back of the hotel.
I would recommend dining in either the Baixa or Alto Bairro areas of the city where the choices were extensive and the prices low. Plenty of Fado houses can be found in these areas as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter-D-B
Redias, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday and stay with us. It is always our goal to provide our Guests a memorable stay, so your comments made us feel very proud. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at the Corinthia Hotel upon your future return to Lisbon.