“Phenomenal Little Wine Bar”

BA Wine Bar do Bairro Alto
Reserve with
BA Wine Bar do Bairro Alto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,455 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Description: More than 150 wines by the glass. Port wine flights. One of the best selections of portuguese cheeses, and charcuterie, combined in mixed boards. Handmade canned fish delights. Rare and old Port and Madeira wines collection, also by the glass. Please note: this is a small and informal traditional wine bar with tapas of cheese and charcuterie that does NOT have any cooked meals; opens around 6pm and starts closing at 11pm, therefore the options breakfast/brunch and late night do not apply; closes on Mondays. Thank you.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I popped in her with my husband a few nights ago, and loved it. The wine was phenomenal, and the tapa enjoyable. I was really impressed with the service, and the explanation of the wine regions and the wine. I definitely recommend it. It has a really great vibe!

3  Thank J_Hyacinth
Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent service, great wine and food in an informal, friendly setting. Well worth a visit if you're in Bairro Alto for the evening.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am here with a group of American travelers, many of whom are sophisticated wine drinkers. Owner Rui and his wife truly did an amazing job welcoming us and taking us on a trip around Portugal through this country's incredible and under-appreciated wines and delicacies. Rui put together a special food and wine pairing for us, hand selecting wines that paired perfectly with fish, sausages, and desserts he served to us. We sampled 2 whites, 2 reds, and 2 ports, but these were just a very small fraction of the extensive wine collection he has. This place is small: the 12 of us took up the entire restaurant, which made for an even more special, more memorable experience. Rui also speaks impeccable English. Without hesitation, I recommend BA Wine Bar in Lisbon.

5  Thank rlmiller28
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Many types of wine. The owner and his staff are very helpful. They know a lot about wine and happy to share it. Pair nicely the wine with the cheese. Very nice atmosphere.

3  Thank Benny L
Reviewed June 9, 2013

As others said this is a wine bar rather than a restaurant, but they do a wide variety of cold tapas that looked amazing but I never got a chance to try due to lack of time (and I seriously regret that).

So as a wine lover my review is on the wines, and this is one of the nicest wine bars I've visited. The owner, his wife and the waiter are all so friendly and genuine, and they were really interested in what wines I like to be able to suggest some wines I would really enjoy. They have a very extensive wine list from all regions in Portugal, including wines that aren't commonly available.

Everything they suggested was excellent and I had some very nice glasses of wine with bread and olives. Many thanks to all at BA Wine bar.

4  Thank AaronB101