“A beat down to the bad reviews”
Review of EstaFado

EstaFado
Ranked #3,309 of 4,183 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lisbon, Portugal
“A beat down to the bad reviews”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

With some friends from abroad visiting us in Lisbon, and with a straight forward desire to experience Fado, we tried to look for a nice place to spend the evening. After reading some reviews here, we we're a bit afraid to try this restaurant. Bad service, bad food, bad waiting time?
Not at all. The Maitre was surprisingly "over" educated, with incredible care with the costumers, as was the boss of the restaurant and the rest of the staff. The food, was served promptly with usual time of delay in any given restaurant. As for the quality of the food, it was good, well made.

The only less positive thing to say was the overall price of the Wine List. Although the list had some good wines, there was no cheap/good alternative, limiting the overall dining experience. And in a less important note, i advice anyone that want's to try the restaurant, ask for the seasoning in each plate, since some plates have a strong/mild flavour to some herbs, that won't be in the likings of every one. That being said, both less positive factors, are overwhelmed by the quality of the service and ambience provided. (would've been 4.5 star, but its not possible).

4 Thank JMSPMachado

Amsterdam
“Esta Fado”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When I jumped off the trolley somewhere in Lisbon on a afternoon in May, because I had to use the restroom, I entered EstaFado. After my visit to the restroom, my ears were caressed by a beautiful female voice. I decided to stay a little bit longer and to drink a port in this sympathic restaurant. I was welcomed by the owner of Esta Fado. We had a very interesting conversation while listening to the music. I left the place in the middle of the night after an excellent meal. I was given two cd's of Fado music which I listen to it now, while writing this. I felt enormously pampered. What a beautiful night, what a fantastic music, what a generous hospitality!

4 Thank momo15
Sintra, Lisboa, Portugal
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Good food, good fado that´s all, i have got my one campany, and my people lunch and dinner many times in the place, because we like fado and the ambience

3 Thank Daniel S